Want to feel good inside and out? Need a positive change in your life? You don’t need to make earth-shattering or drastic changes to your current lifestyle. There are actually simple and easy tips that you can follow to improve how you look and feel.
- Change your make-upHave you been using the same shade of blush since you were 18? Maybe it’s time to try on a new color. Maybe you should consider a complete change of makeup color palette! Be adventurous! Try on the latest colors and put on a turquoise eye shadow to make your eyes pop.
- Dress up whenever you feel like itEven if there is no special occasion. There is no hard and fast rule written anywhere that you can only dress up during weddings and parties. Dare to wear a dress straight for a week, whether going to work or running your errands. Enjoy your femininity and bring out your fun and flirty side but make sure to choose dresses that will allow you to move and do what you have to do.
- Embrace a healthy lifestyleGo easy on the alcohol and nicotine. Or skip them altogether. Smoking hastens aging and for sure, you don’t want wrinkles and dry, discolored skin. Besides, cigarettes are full of toxins that can increase your risk of developing diseases such as heart and lung problems and cancer.
A glass of red wine occasionally is known to have health benefits but more than that can be detrimental. Alcohol makes you retain fluids making you appear bloated and leading to weight gain. Too much alcohol intake can also compromise your health. Instead of drinking wine, fix yourself a glass sparkling water with a wedge of lemon for a healthy drink.
Avoid stress and engage in sports or a daily exercise regimen. You don’t need to hit the gym if you don’t want to. Challenge your friends to a game of badminton on weekends. Or toss some ball with the children in the park. An active you is a healthy and happy you.
- Maintain a healthy dietBan the diet fads and follow the food pyramid. Develop the super healthy food habit.
- Eat fruits, vegetables and other food groups that are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber.
- Eat whole grains and stay clear from refined “whites” such as refined sugar and white flour as these can pile on carbs and calories. Whole grains promote digestive health because of its high fiber content.
- Drizzle healthy oils on your dishes such as the Argan oil. This is a natural oil mainly composed of unsaturated fats which do not clog arteries as well as improve cholesterol level.
- Have a ME timeNo matter how busy your schedule is, you should always set aside time for yourself. Set yourself a ME time at least once a week so that you can renew and rejuvenate yourself. You could engage in simple activities geared towards a healthier and happier you. Take up yoga, have a spa session or a salon make-over with friends, go jogging around the neighborhood or enjoy a quiet cup of coffee alone. Relax and re-charge so that you are ready to face the new week.
A woman’s life is never easy, whether you are a mom or a career woman. Find the balance and renew yourself with these life-changing tips for a new and better you.