If there is one thing that many of us do not have enough of that would be time! We seem to be always short on time. Our lives are so fast paced that we can not afford wasting any second. Ever noticed how almost everyone walks in hurried steps? We rise from sleep with such urgency, take quick showers, eat a mouthful or two of our morning cereals or even have our morning toast to go and then off we go in a hurry.
Because we do not have the luxury of time, we eat on fast food chains. Although meals served in fast food chains are very unhealthy, many stick to this diet because of the fact that they do not have the time to cook their own meals. Or so they thought.
When cooking is mentioned, many of us think that it would eat up too much of our time. So we go on and dial our favourite pizza or burger place. The truth is cooking can be quick and easy! All you need to do is learn quick and easy meals. How long do you wait for your pizza or your chinese food to arrive? Half an hour perhaps? You can actually have a homecooked meal in just 20 minutes! Now that’s faster than a fast food delivery!
Here’s a quick meal recipe! The Quick and Easy Garlic Chicken recipe! Your food is ready in just 20 minutes. The great thing about homecooked meals is that you have control on what goes in on your food. A healthy addition for this recipe is the Moroccan Argan oil. Rich in essential fatty acids, this oil can lower blood cholesterol levels and is an immune booster!
Quick and Easy Garlic Chicken
Let us start off with the ingredients. Here’s what you will need.
This recipe serves 4. So if you are having more than four people, then do the necessary adjustment.
- Chicken – You’ll need 4 chicken breast halves without the bones and skin.
- Garlic powder – 2 teaspoons of garlic powder is enough.
- Butter – You will need about 3 tablespoons. It is best to use butter with no cholesterol, less fat and less salt.
- Salt – You will need a teaspoon of salt for seasoning.
- Onion powder – A teaspoon is enough.
- Moroccan Argan oil – You’ll need just a teaspoon or 2 of this precious oil.
Preparing the Garlic Chicken
Cooking this recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Step 1. Get your skillet and start melting the butter on medium high heat.
- Step 2. Put in your chicken and sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder as well as salt.
- Step 3. Keep sauteeing for 10 – 15 minutes for each side or once the chicken is cooked and the juices are running clear.
And just as simple as that, your meal is ready! Don’t forget to drizzle the Argan oil over your garlic chicken right before serving.