This summer, keep on feeding your body healthy dishes if you want to enjoy the fun sunny days bring. Summer will never be complete without salsa. But instead of buying a jar of salsa in the supermarket or your local grocery store, why don’t you make one yourself?
Here we have a salsa recipe that is not only tasty but very healthy. Packed with antioxidants, this salsa will not only help keep your body healthy but also keep your skin protected from the harsh effects of the sun. Extra protection is exactly what your skin needs as the summer sun can be relentless. Want to learn how you can make this tasty salsa? Let’s start with the ingredients you will need.
- Tomatoes – You’ll need 2. We suggest that you use the medium heirloom tomatoes.
- Wild Blueberries – A cup is enough. You can either use fresh or frozen ones.
- Sweet Onion – You’ll need 3 quarters of chopped onions.
- Rice Vinegar – 2 tablespoons is enough.
- Garlic – Mince 2 cloves.
- Culinary Argan oil – About 2 tablespoons is good.
- Jalapeno pepper – Chop 1 piece finely.
- Hungarian hot pepper – You’ll need just half of it. Chop it finely.
- Fresh Cilantro – 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro is good.
- Italian flat leaf parsley – You’ll need 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil a pot of water. While waiting for the water to boil, start scoring the skin of tomatoes by simply slicing an X into the skin on the bottom part. Once done immerse them in the boiling water for about 15 seconds. Take them out and then place the tomatoes in a bowl of cold water. This should make it easy for the skin to slip off. Peel the tomatoes and cut them in half. Be sure to get rid of the seeds then chop them up.
Grab a medium bowl and throw in the tomatoes, blueberries, onion, garlic, peppers and herbs. Be sure to mix them well. Pour in the vinegar and the culinary Argan oil in the bowl and stir to gently mix it in and coat all the ingredients. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Cover the bowl and then place it in your fridge to let the flavors blend and seep in. Before serving, you may want to drain the salsa a bit first.
Just How Healthy is this Salsa?
Tomatoes, blueberries and peppers are all loaded with potent antioxidants. The culinary Argan oil is also packed with antioxidants and unsaturated fatty acids. These nutrients are essential in keeping the body protected from damage including the skin and they help boost one’s immune system allowing you to enjoy all the fun summer brings.
Enjoy this healthy and very tasty salsa. Like us on Facebook so you can share this recipe to your friends.