For many, cooking takes up much of their time and this becomes one of the most comon reasons why some just go to fast food restaurants and start eating drenched in oil meals. Not only are fast food meals not delicious they are very unhealthy as well.
What if you can have a whole meal in a pot? Well, that sounds easier! One delicious pot complete with all the nutrition your body needs is what this lam recipe is all about. You just need to spare an hour cooking this lamb stew recipe! That’s not too bad at all!
Healthy and Tasty Lamb Stew
This stew will melt all your worries away. Nothing warms and comfort the heart better than a hearty home made stew! Give yourself a healthy treat. This lamb stew recipe is very easy to cook. Plus, since this is just a one pot recipe, your clean up after will not be too hard. Your kitchen will be squeaky clean in no time at all.
What You Will Need
- Lamb – You will need 3 or 3 and 1/4 pounds of lamb. It is best to get the boneless stew meat however you can also have any cut of lamb without the bones.
- Onions – 3 or 4 medium sized onions would be enough. Chop the onions coarsely.
- Carrots – 1 or 2 would do. Slice the carrots into cubes.
- Garlic – You will need about 3 cloves of garlic. Mince them.
- Crushed Tomatoes – Get the 28-ouncer can. You will just need 1. Make sure to drain out the juice.
- Beef Broth – 1 cup will do.
- Ground Cinnamon – You will need about 1 teaspoonful.
- Salt – About 1 teaspoon as well
- Black Pepper – Half a teaspoon will do
- Frozen Green Beans – Get the 9-ouncer pack. Thaw and drain them.
- Whole Grain Rice – 1 cup is all you will need.
- Argan oil
Once you have all of these things, you are ready to start cooking!
Preparing the Lamb Stew
- Step 1. Get your soup pot and over a medium high heat, saute lamb. Cook until the meat is brown.
- Step 2. Once all the meat are browned, put in the onions, carrots, garlic tomatoes, beef, broth, ground cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Step 3. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, bring down the heat to low, then let it simmer for about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Step 4. Put in the green beans and rice and let it simmer for 25 minutes more or until the rice is tender.
- Step 4. Drizzle on Argan oil before serving.
This one pot recipe is a complete nutritional meal! By drizzling Argan oil in this already nutritious lamb stew, you are giving your body a well deserved health booster. This is because this oil is packed with essential fatty acids that helps boost the immune system, prevents heart diseases and stimulate brain development. The oil is also packed with Vitamin E and powerful antioxidants.