Summer may be already over but steaks are sure to stick around. Steaks are absolutely delicious whatever the season may be. We just love to bite into that tender meat and relish its savory juice. There are different ways to cook steaks. We have grilled, pan seared, baked and so many other techniques. But the only thing that matters to any steak lover is that the steak comes out tender and flavourful. Here’s a steak recipe that will give you exactly that.
Let’s get on with the ingredients you’ll need for this heavenly steak!
This is good for 4 people. If you’re expecting more company, then just do your calculations and adjust.
- Steak – You’ll need just a flank that’s about 1 1/2 pounds.
- Sugar – You’ll need about 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Opt for the light kind.
- Bourbon – Just 1/4 cup will do.
- Pepper Flakes – Half a teaspoon is all you would need. Opt for the red ones.
- Salt – Best to use Kosher salt. How much you’ll need depends on your taste.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – You’ll need about 2 tablespoons. This oil will give your steak an extra kick of nutty flavour and a good healthy boost. The oil is packed with antioxidants and unsaturated essential fatty acids. These nutrients give your immune system a good boost and help protect your heart. These nutrients are also good for the brain!
Put On Your Apron!
Let’s get down to steak business!
- Step 1. First you’ll need to get a bowl and pour in the sugar, bourbon and pepper flakes . Mix them well and rub this mixture all over the steak.
- Step 2. Get a ziploc and place the steak in and pour in the mixture you just did. Seal and place the bag in your fridge. Leave it there for 30 minutes at the very least. But if you have time to spare, 3 hours of marinating will do.
- Step 3. Start heating the broiler or your grill. While waiting for your broiler or grill to heat up, grab your baking sheet and place the steak in. Season the steak with kosher salt. You may want to be generous with your salt when seasoning a steak.
- Step 4. Once the broiler or grill is heated, place the baking sheet in. Remember that the steak should at least be 4-6 inches away from the flame. If you love medium rare steaks broil or grill each side for 3 minutes. Place the steak on your cutting board and leave it alone for 5 – 10 minutes. Cut the steak into quarter inch slices.
- Step 5. Serve immediately but make sure to drizzle with Argan oil right before serving. Once meat is removed from fire it loses its juicyness, so bring back moisture by reintroducing oil!