Christmas dinners are always special. Christmas is a time when families get together and enjoy each other’s company. Sharing and enjoying a warm meal with loved ones brings such happiness to one’s heart.
Want to make your Christmas dinner extra special but not quite sure how? Serve this turkey roast with apples and herbs! Your family and relatives won’t stop asking you for the recipe after having a taste of this turkey roast. Here’s the recipe!
Special Roasted Turkey Recipe for Christmas
Don’t forget to hit the supermarket and shop for these ingredients at least a day before Christmas if you want to avoid long lines! This recipe serves 14. That’s certainly good for a big gathering.
- Turkey – A 14-pounder bird is good.
- Sage – Use the fresh ones. Mince about 1/4 cup.
- Rosemary – Go for the fresh ones as well. You’ll need to mince the rosemary too. 1/4 cup is enough.
- Apple – You just need 1 apple with medium size. Cut the apple in quarters.
- Onion – You just need 1 medium onion. Cut it in half.
- Celery – You just need 1 rib of celery. Just cut it in half.
- Butter – You need 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Apple Jelly – Warm up 1/2 cup of jelly.
Now that you have all the ingredients, you are all set to get those hands working. Here’s an easy step by step instructions on how to prepare this delicious Christmas Turkey recipe!
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty! You can ask your husband, partner or kids to help out in preparing this Christmas Turkey recipe. For sure you’ll have more fun preparing the bird with a little help from a loved one.
- Step Number 1. Start with mixing the herbs first. Once done move on to the turkey. Loosen the skin of the bird using your fingers. Get the herbs you just mixed and start rubbing them under the skin. Use toothpicks to fasten the skin to the underside of the turkey’s breast.
- Step Number 2. With the rack already on the roasting pan, place the turkey in with the breast facing up. Start stuffing the bird with apple, onion and celery. Start brushing the turkey with butter.
- Step Number 3. Set your oven at 325 degrees Celsius and put in the turkey. Bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. To make sure that the meat is well-cooked, use a meat thermometer. Once it reads 180 degrees the meat is already cooked. Remember to baste the meat every now and then with pan drippings. If you think that the turkey is browning too fast, cover the bird with a foil but just loosely. Brush the turkey with apple jelly. Take out the meat from the oven once done.
Let the turkey stand for 15 minutes with a cover on. Remember to take out the toothpicks before serving this delicious roasted turkey on the table. Enjoy this delicious meat with your loved ones! Here’s to a Happy Christmas!
Share this recipe to your friends through Facebook, Twitter and email!