A homecooked meal warms the heart. It can brighten your mood after a long day. But due to time constraint not many of us have the time to cook. But not anymore! Thanks to quick and easy to cook meals!
Here’s a healthy recipe that will be ready in a jiffy! This salmon meal will surely warm your heart and it is good for your heart and your overall health. How so?
Salmon is a very healthy fish. Not only is it a great source of protein, it is also packed with Omega 3 fatty acids which reduce inflammation. Many health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and even some forms of cancer stem from inflammation. Omega 3 fatty acids are known to boost the immune system and also to help in preventing blood clots which triggers strokes. This is the reason why doctors recommend consumption of fish especially those packed with essential fatty acids. Drizzled with the antioxidant-rich and unsaturated essential fatty acids-packed Moroccan Argan oil, then you’ll have a very healthy meal! Let’s get started!
Glazed Salmon Drizzled with Moroccan Argan Oil
Go Shopping for the Ingredients
This recipe serves 4. If you have more mouths to feed, do the needed adjustments.
- Salmon – 4 Salmon fillets having a thickness of about 1 1/2 inches. Pick the centre-cut.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – You’ll need about 3 tablespoons and some more for the pan.
- Honey – Just 2 tablespoons.
- Dijon Mustard – A tablespoon will do.
- Lime Juice – 2 tablespoons would be enough. Slice some more lime wedges for serving.
- Kosher salt and Pepper – To taste. It’s always better to use freshly ground pepper.
- Moroccan Argan oil – You’ll need about 2 – 4 tablespoons for drizzling.
Get Your Hands Working
- Start with preheating the broiler. You’ll need to lightly oil your broiler pan.
- Get a small bowl and start with whisking 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the honey, mustard and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. This is your glaze. Get your brush and brush the salmon with the glaze. Don’t forget to season the salmon with salt and pepper
- Put your salmon on the broiler pan with the skin side down. Broil for about 5 – 7 minutes or until the salmon turns golden brown.
- Drizzle the salmon with the healthy oil from Morocco right before serving.
Definitely this recipe is very quick and easy to prepare. You would even have some time left to toss in some vegetables. Why not add spiced carrots in the dish?
Toss a pound of thinly sliced carrots in a tablespoon of olive oil and broil it ( You can start broiling the carrots while you are just preparing the salmon glaze and once you have your salmon glazed you can broil the carrots and salmon in the same pan). Broil until the carrots are crisp – tender. In a bowl start whisking 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, a pinch of cinnamon, 1/3 cup chopped mint and 1/4 cup sliced almonds. Toss the carrots in it and season with salt and pepper. Now you have carrots to serve the salmon with