Throwing out a spring party? The spring season is all about a freshness. So for a spring party, serve some refreshing dishes to your guests! Here’s a delicious salad recipe that is refreshing and bursting with lovely colors that your guests will surely love!
Spring Salad Recipe
For the dressing, you will need the following ingredients:
- Argan oil (culinary type) – 1/3 cup of the culinary Argan oil will give this salad a healthy and nutty kick. You can also use olive oil as a substitute.
- Dijon mustard – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 1 teaspoon is enough.
- Garlic clove – You need just 1. Grate it.
- Lemon – 1 piece is all you need. Zested and juiced.
- Salt – According to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper – According to taste
- Cavatappi pasta – 12 ounces. Cook it following the instructions on the package and once cooked shock it under cold water.
- Asparagus – 4 ounces. Blanch it and slice it thinly on the bias.
- Frozen peas – 1 box is enough. Defrost it.
- Roasted yellow peppers – You can get a 12-ounce jar of roasted yellow peppers in grocery stores or you can roast yellow peppers on the oven. Chop them up.
- Grape tomatoes – 1 pint. Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Shallot – 1 is enough. Mince it.
- Fresh dill – You’ll need 1/2 cup of chopped fresh dill
- Ricota salata – For garnish
Now that you have all the ingredients, get cracking into making this delicious salad perfect for the spring season.
How to Prepare this Salad Recipe
Directions for the Dressing
Grab a small bowl and whisk together the culinary Argan oil, mustard, honey, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Once done, season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Directions for the Pasta
Grab a bowl and start tossing in the pasta with the asparagus, roasted peppers, tomatoes, shallots, peas, and dill. Pour in the dressing over the salad. Make sure that you give it a good toss to coat all the ingredients evenly. It’s ready to be served but let it sit for a bit so that all the flavors are soaked in!
Once your guests have arrived, bowl it up. Shave some ricotta salata and drizzle the shavings over the top as a final touch.
This spring salad recipe is very easy to prepare! And you and your guests will surely love the flavor of this refreshing salad!
Do you have other recipes for dishes perfect for the spring to share?
Like our Facebook page and share this salad recipe to your friends!