Still feeling the cold? Movie night-in would be probably be on top of your list if so. Movie nights-in call for great movies, great tasting snacks and refreshing beverages. If you are tired of popping popcorns in your microwave then you should get moving and prepare a tastier snack from your own kitchen. How does pretzel and beer hotdogs sound? Delicious!
Pretzel and Beer Hotdogs Recipe
This tasty movie night-in snack recipe is very easy to prepare. You will defintely earn a big star. You may not be a movie star and your star would definitely not be anywhere near the Hollywood Walk of Fame but your star is one that is most prominent as it would be from impressed friends and or loved ones.
Ingredients to Shop for
Let’s start setting things up by shopping for the ingredients for this tasty snack.
- Hotdogs – Serving for 4 or 5 people? A pound of hotdogs would be enough. Cut them into chunks having 1-inch thickness.
- Egg – You will need a medium sized egg.
- Beer – A cup is enough. So you’ll have the rest of the bottles or cans of beer you shopped for served as beverage during the movie showtime. As always, don’t let your guests drink and drive. Let them stay over for the night if you are planning to serve alcoholic beverages during your movie night-in.
- All-Purpose Flour – A cup is all you will need.
- Pretzel – You will need 1/3 cup of crushed pretzels.
- Cornmeal – You just need 1/3 cup.
- Baking Powder – Have 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ready.
- Onion Powder – A teaspoon is enough.
- Dry Mustard – A teaspoon is enough.
- Black Pepper – You will also need a teaspoon.
- Canola Oil – You’ll need this for frying.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – You will need only about 1-2 tablespoons of this healthy and very tasty oil. Drizzle the oil on your pretzel and beer hotdogs right before serving.
Preparing the Pretzels and Beer Hotdogs
It’s time to get busy in your kitchen!
- Step 1. Have your frying pan covered in canola oil about 1-inch deep and start heating it up over high heat.
- Step 2. While waiting for the oil to heat up, get a bowl and start mixing the flour, cornmeal, crushed pretzels, baking powder, onion powder, dry mustard and the pepper. Be sure to mix them well.
- Step 3. Get another bowl and combine the beer and egg. Once done, add this slowly to the flour mixture you prepared to make the batter. Make sure that you blend them well.
- Step 4. Coat well each of the hotdog chunks into the batter.
- Step 5. Once the oil is heated start carefully putting in the well coated hotdog chunks in the oil and fry them until they turn golden brown. Turn the chunks if necessary. Once golden brown, remove the chunks from the pan and drain them in a paper towel.
- Step 6. It is best to serve the hotdog chunks immediately. Right before serving drizzle the chunks with Moroccan Argan oil.