Did you know that cola brings a richness to the sauce of a dish? You might find the idea of using cola to thicken and make a sauce richer a little bit weird if it’s the first time that you have heard of such but once you have tasted this cola pot roast recipe you’ll dismiss the weird cola idea altogether. You will even tell yourself to be more open to new ideas as you almost missed a great dish just because of your bias on the cola in a dish sauce idea. Is your palate prepared for a tender and filled with flavour pot roast.
This cola pot roast recipe is a slow cooked dish so you should have plenty of time in your hands when you plan to cook this dish. You’ll need top have 7 hours to spare for cooking this dish. 7 hours would seem like a long time for some but if you love tasty and sumptuous dishes, you would be willing to pour in this amount of time for cooking. Besides you don’t have to be guarding your pot roast as it is cooking on the stove. You can leave the pot do other things and just do a check up on it from time to time.
The Cola Pot Roast Recipe
You probably can’t wait to try this recipe. Let us start with the ingredients.
What You Will Need
- Beef – If you are serving for a maximum of 6 people, you will need maybe 3 and a half to 4 and a half pounds of boneless beef bottom round roast.
- Carrots – Have about 4 medium to large carrots and peel and slice them.
- Onion – Pick a large onion and cut it into half-moons.
- Garlic Powder – 1/2 teaspoon is enough.
- Black Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon is enough.
- Salt – You will need 1 teaspoon.
- Chili Sauce – You will need a bottle of the 12-ouncer.
- Hot Pepper Sauce – You will need 2 tablespoons.
- Worcestershire Sauce – 2 tablespoons will be enough.
- Argan oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Cola – Of course, don’t forget about the secret ingredient, cola. Grab a can of the 12-ouncer.
Cooking the Cola Pot Roast
- Step 1. The first thing to do is season your roast with salt, pepper and gralic powder. Once seasoned evenly, place the roast in a slow cooker. Add the carrots and onions arounf the roast.
- Step 2. Get a bowl and mix all the remaining ingredients then pour on the roast.
- Step 3. Cover the pot and cook on low fire for 7 to 8 hours or until the roast is tender enough for you.
- Step 4. Once cooked, slice the roast and then top the meat with the sauce and vegetables.
- Step 5. Drizzle with Argan oil just before serving. This oil adds a nutty taste to the dish. The oil is also packed with essential nutrients that give the body a healthy boost!