So you have decided to care for your skin as you do want to avoid wrinkles, breakouts, blemishes dark spots and of course skin cancer. Great job for making a very wise decision! You should give yourself a pat on the back. Be proud that you have banished your bad habits that cause the most damage to your skin.
So you have quit smoking, have gone easy on your alcohol intake and stopped tanning. What’s next? How do you keep your skin healthy, smooth and beautiful? It’s time to practice healthy habits.
Healthy habits are good for your skin. Once you start adopting healthier habits you will start seeing the results and positive effects on your skin. Here are the healthy habits that you should practice.
- Start getting enough sleep. Your night’s rest matters to your body. If you care about getting that beautiful and healthy skin you should get at least 8 hours of sleep. During at night when you sleep, this is the time for your skin cells to repair damaged skin cells and start replenishing itself. If you deprive your body sleep then you will wake up with pimple breakouts every now and then and even start developing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Eat well. By this we mean that you should start eating healthy meals. Your meals should be well balanced. You should have protein, carbohydrates, fibres and of course healthy fats in your meals. Most women will completely eliminate fats from their diet. This is unhealthy and will even result to dry and dull skin. Fats from fish are actually healthy. They are rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids which help the skin look beautiful and healthy.
- Exercise regularly. We all know that exercising keeps the body healthy but getting involved in physical activities actually holds great benefit to your skin as well. Exercising will let you sweat out toxins and keep off the extra weight that can lead to breakouts. Exercising also means that your body’s blood flow is good. Your body will be able to pump nutrients and oxygen all through out. You will definitely see your skin complexion is starting to improve with exercise. Working out also means your body will start pumping out endorphins. Endorphins are responsible for good and pleasant feelings. You will be instantly relieved from stress. We all know that stress can speed up the aging of the skin.
- You should also see to it that you at least consult your dermatologist at least once a year. You should give time for your visit to your skin doctor. Your dermatologist will take a good look at your skin and test for sun damages and irregular moles. You want to get screened for skin cancer at least once a year. Skin cancer when diagnosed early generally has good prognosis. Your skin doctor can also give you effective skin care routine and prescribe you with effective skin treatments.
- Apply moisturiser daily. It is best to use Argan oil as your moisturiser. Argan oil is rich in essential unsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E, Sterols, Carotenoids, Ferulic acid, Polyphenols, Linoleic acid and Prostaglandins. These components are all beneficial to the skin. Remember this oil is not just a moisturiser. It also fights skin aging and protect skin from being damaged by UV rays and free radicals.
All of these things will result to beautiful and healthy skin!