Let’s admit it: no one wants to start looking old. Unfortunately, there’s no stopping aging. It is a natural biological process. However, when it comes to the rate you are aging, you can have a control over it.
Your lifestyle determines whether you age with grace or not. Sure there are tons and tons of anti-aging products in the market but did you know that there are actually foods that can also help keep you looking and feeling young? Aging gracefully is not all about minimizing the signs of skin aging. It is actually about being healthy in general. Keep yourself healthy and you’ll feel and look younger than your age.
Here is a list of anti-aging foods that will help you age gracefully.
- Berries – Do you know anyone who does not love berries? If you’re one of them then you should give berries a chance (unless of course, if you’re allergic to them. Berries are not only delicious, they are loaded with antioxidants and antioxidants help promote cell health and protect you against disease!
- Avocados – They are an excellent source of vitamin E, potassium and antioxidants. Vitamin E itself is a potent antioxidant. Antioxidants help keep the skin protected from free-radical damage and since they promote cell health, they boost your immune system and help in repairing and renewing the skin therefore making you feel and look young.
- Garlic – Garlic is a staple spice in most of our dishes. Garlic does not only give that appetizing aroma to your dishes, they also actually help lower your cholesterol and blood pressure. It also gives your immune system a big boost. Garlic also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. Best of all, garlic can help bring down the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Fiber-rich grains – Some of the best sources of fiber are oats, brown rice, and quinoa. Why is fiber important to your body? First, they help make sure that things in your bowel are moving right. If you eat a diet rich in fiber, your body will be able to get rid of toxins and unwanted substances. Whole grains also cut down your risk for diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
- Leafy vegetables – Remember that time when your mom (or dad) used to force you to eat your vegetables on your plate? Turns out, you should thank them for doing so. Dark leafy greens are chock full of antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals in your body. Free radicals are actually the number one culprit of premature aging. So if you have not been eating leafy greens since you moved out of your parents’ house, it’s time to start eating them again now. Spinach and kale are two leafy greens that protect your body against the harsh effects of UV rays.
- Red wine – You’ll be amazed just how drinking a glass of red wine every day can protect you against heart disease. Red wine contains an antioxidant called resveratrol which can help prevent blood clots from forming. But remember to keep it to one glass a day (for women) and two glasses for men. If you are not fond of drinking wine, you can take a resveratrol supplement.
Include these anti-aging foods in your diet and you are on your way to aging gracefully!
Like our Facebook page and share this information to your friends!