Eating a well balanced diet is a crucial factor in achieving a healthy-looking skin. However, there are certain foods that can help fight wrinkles or delay them from creeping up and taking over your skin. You’ll want to eat more of foods that are rich in antioxidants as they are effective in fighting and preventing the onset of fine lines and wrinkles. How so?
Free radicals attack your skin’s collagen and elastic tissue damaging its firmness. This results to wrinkles and fine lines. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals before they can do any damage. So if you want to keep wrinkles away for a few more years, here are antioxidant-packed foods that you should include in your daily meals.
- Blueberries – They may be small in size but blueberries come loaded with antioxidants called Polyphenols. Eating just half a cup serving of these babies daily will help greatly in preventing the onset of wrinkles. Other berries such as strawberries and blackberries come with the same anti-aging prowess. If you can get a hold of organic ones, that would be better. Non-organic berries are usually treated with pesticides and these chemicals seep through the skin of the berries.
- Kale – Green vegetables such as kale should be a staple in your diet if you seriously want to keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. Kale is packed not just with antioxidants but also lutein and iron. These two nutrients help transport oxygen to your skin. It also contains Vitamin A, a nutrient essential in preventing early aging. Have a half cup serving of kale or other greens daily.
- Red Peppers – Red peppers are also loaded with antioxidants. They come packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin E as well as bioflavonoids. These nutrients are also essential in figthing wrinkles and fine lines since they help heal the skin and keep it moisturized. The same nutrients and anti-aging benefits are found in other red or dark orange vegetables such as carrots and beets. Have a half cup serving of red peppers daily to keep your skin wrinkle-free for a longer time.
- Salmon – Salmon is another wrinkle-fighter. Its omega 3 fatty acids prevent inflammation which is a crucial factor in the fight against skin aging. Omega 3 fatty acids are also potent skin moisturizers. Have a 3-ounce serving of salmon or other cold-water fish such as herring, tuna, mackerel and sardines at least once to thrice a week.
- Tomatoes – Not only will tomatoes help fight skin aging but they can also lower down your cancer risk thanks to its lycopene. Lycopene is better used by the body when the tomatoes you ate were cooked. Have a half a cup serving of cooked tomatoes everyday to prevent wrinkles and reduce your cancer risk.
Want to delay the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your skin? Make sure that these foods are included in your daily meals.
Like our Facebook page and pass the information around to your friends.