Only death can stop us from growing old. As we continue to keep on living, our body will eventually show the effects of aging.
When we start adding on our years, the major concern of many of us is skin aging. Wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin are all signs of skin aging. Many of us want to at least delay the onset of the effects of aging on the skin which is why we search far and wide for anti-aging secrets and potions.
However, it is not the only skin that ages when we start gaining years. Every part of our body is affected by aging and numerous changes are bound to happen. Our eyesight won’t be as good like before, our hair will start turning grey, we’ll start losing our former youthful agility, we’ll become slower in our movements, we will start becoming forgetful and we can become prone to illnesses.
All of these things can happen to you as you become a part of the elderly group. You may feel uncomfortable with this fact but this is the truth. However, one can live a healthy life even through old age with an active lifestyle. For you to remain active during your elderly years you need to be healthy and leading an active lifestyle is what gives you the best chance of being in good health.
Many of us long to stay healthy and live a long time. The good news is you can improve your chances of achieving this according to the National Institute on Aging of the U.S. Department of Health Human Services. Here are their tips on how one can improve their chances of staying healthy and living a longer time.
- Follow a balanced diet which has fruits and vegetables.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages should only be done in moderation.
- If you do smoke, start quitting now.
- Exercise should be a regular part of your schedule. Simple physical activities like walking or riding a bike can do great wonders to your health. However, it is recommended that you talk with your health care provider first before starting on an exercise program especially if you have certain health conditions.
- Keep in touch with your friends and family.
- Keep yourself active with work, play and activities in the community.
- Always wear a positive attitude.
- Don’t keep yourself from doing things that make you happy. If you love art then find time to do art. If you love dancing, dance away.
- Visit your health care provider regularly for health check-ups.
Follow these tips if you want to stay active and healthy as you grow older. Your chances of living a longer and better life are far greater.
Don’t forget to share this information to everyone you know and keep asking your friends, colleagues, relatives and loved ones to like our Facebook page.