Still don’t know what to serve for a party you are hosting? Is yur mind now going frantic? The very first thing on your menu is the appetizer. You want your guests’ appettite working before the main course in your menu. Of course an appetizer should be great tasting because if it’s not then your guests would lose their appetite and before you know it, they are headed out the door and saying goodbye without the main course being served yet. This is a party nightmare you want to avoid.
The great thing about appetizers is that they are easy to make. A great tasting appetizer even how easy its preparation is will always seem very sophisticated for the tasters. The sumptous and delicious taste tells the brain that such dish is not that easy to make. But I’ll let you in on a little secret. Appetizers are so easy to make!
Here is a mouthwatering appetizer that would make your guests wanting more and more.
Your guests would not be able to stop themselves from taking seconds or thirds of your bacon-hugged scallops. Let’s get right into the ingredients.
What You Will Need
The ingredients are easy to find. Definitely your local grocery store or super market will have what you need.
- Bacon – If you are having 3 or 4 friends over, about 3/4 pounds of bacon is enough.
- Sea Scallops – 1 pound is enough to get the appetite of 3 or 4 of your guests going.
- Ketchup – You will need just a cup.
- Light Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup will do.
- White Vinegar – Half a cup is enough.
- Argan oil – You will need about 3 tablespoons for drizzling
- Toothpick – Do not forget to grab a pack of toothpicks as you would have ahard time preparing this appetizer without them.
These ingredients are pretty easy to find! Now let’s get down to business!
Making the Appetizer
With simple ingredients, you definitely don’t need to complicate things. Easy does it bacon-hugged scallops is the name of this appetizer.
- Step Number 1. Set the temperature of your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit for preheating.
- Step Number 2. Run your bacon crosswise on your bacon strips cutting them in half.
- Step Number 3. Wrap each scallop with bacon and secure the bacon-scallop embrace with a toothpick.
- Step Number 4. Once they are all set on your baking pan, bake for 15 to 18 minutes or once the scallops are done and your bacon is all crispy.
- Step Number 5. For the sauce, pour the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar on a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat. Mix well the ingredients and once the sugar is dissolved the sauce is done. The sauce takes only about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step Number 6. Let your bacon-hugged scallops take a dip into the sauce. Set aside the remaining sauce to serve as a dip for the appetizer.
- Step Number 7. Right before serving drizzle some nutty flavour on your appetizer. The Argan oil has a strong flavour so don’t drizzle too much.