Your feet deserve much attention! Although this pair is much used and abused, not many people shower them with the caring and attention they deserve. Properly caring for your feet and toenails means avoiding having fungal infections and other foot problems.
Proper Caring for Your Feet and Toenails
- Don’t let a day pass by without washing them! You need to wash your feet daily. We walk and run around everyday and this just means that our feet have been exposed to dirt and dust. Don’t think that just because you are wearing closed shoes, your feet do not need any washing at the end of the day. If you only bathe or take a shower in the morning, make sure that you make it a habit to wash your feet before retiring to bed. Make sure that you scrub your feet with soap and don’t forget those spaces in between your toes. Dry them up by wiping with a towel.
- A pedicure reward at least after every 2 weeks is ideal! A pedicure keeps your feet soft as it eliminates dry and rough skin. A pedicure also means that your toenails are clean. Many people think about pedicure as just giving your toenails colours but this isn’t so. You can do a pedicure without the nail polish and you can even do it at home!
- Get a large enough basin where your feet would fit and fill it with lukewarm water. Add in a few drops of Moroccan Argan oil in the water and sea salts as well. The Moroccan Argan oil is packed with Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. These 2 ingredients of the oil are key to moisturising the nails and skin as well as strengthening your nails. Keep your feet soaked for about 10 minutes.
- With a foot scrub exfoliate your feet. This would remove dry and dead skin. Make sure that you massage the scrub in a circular motion. Remember to rinse afterward.
- Turn your attention to your heels and the bottom part of the feet. With your foot file or a pumice stone, exfoliate by rubbing it against the hardened skin. Remember not to rub too hard.
- After exfoliating, turn your attention to your toenails. Trim your nails using a clean pair of clippers. It is best to trim across so that you avoid experiencing ingrown nails.
- After trimming your nails, moisturise them by applying a coat of the Moroccan Argan oil in them. Don’t forget to give the cuticles the same oil loving so that the hardened edges are moisturised!
- If you want to give your toenails colours, you can do so! Just remember to use a nail polish without the toxic trio in them or other harmful ingredients.