Your health and your family’s health start from your own kitchen. Fast food meals and meals from most restaurants are usually saturated with salt, MSG and unhealthy fats. To make sure that the dishes that come out of your kitchen are healthy you need to have healthy ingredients in your kitchen cupboard.
Oil is one of the most common ingredients of many recipes. You should make sure that your oil dips and drizzles as well as the oil you use in sautéing, baking, grilling and stir frying your dishes with is a healthy one. Have you heard about the culinary Argan oil?
The Culinary Argan Oil
The culinary Argan oil is one of the healthiest oils available in the market. The oil hails from Morocco and is a natural extract of the Argan fruit nuts. The oil has been used for thousands of years by the Berber tribe in their dishes. The oil is also treasured for its cosmetic and medicinal benefits.
What Makes the Culinary Argan Oil Healthy?
So why should you have the culinary Argan oil in your kitchen cupboard? The oil is packed with essential fatty acids like linoleic acid and a high amount of tocopherols. In fact it contains twice the amount of tocopherols found in olive oil. Tocopherols are naturally occurring chemical compounds that are related to Vitamin E. They function as a natural antioxidant therefore helping keep the cells in the body protected from free radical damage.
Let us find out more about what makes this oil healthy.
- Essential fatty acids – The oil contains unsaturated essential fatty acids or EFAs. These are building compounds the body needs in manufacturing and repairing cell membranes.
- Prostaglandin – This is a lipid that aids in the regulation of body functions such as heart rate, blood pressure, circulation, smooth muscle contraction as well as the immune function. This lipid is a natural anti-inflammatory and plays a crucial role in the overall growth and development of cells.
- Carotenoids – The carotenoids in the oil referred to as xanthophylls are known to reduce one’s risk of developing arthritis.
- Polyphenols – Also referred to as polyphenolic compounds are known to have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergenic, anti-oxidative and anti-aging properties.
- Ferulic acid – The oil also helps prevent damage from UV light because of its Ferulic acid.
- Sterols – Sterols in the oil like schottenol and spinasterol have anti-cancer property.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is one of the most potent antioxidants. It fights free radicals before they can do the body damage. Vitamin E also protects the levels of essential fatty acids and Vitamin A in the body.
Make your dishes healthier and tastier with the culinary Argan oil.
Share this post to everyone you know. Like our Facebook page !