Skin care products are almost everywhere. Many women spend hours deciding on these skin care products but many are still ending up with not too lovely skin. The problem mostly lies not in the skin care products that they use but due to the fact that they do not have healthy habits and proper skin care regimen.
Besides the skin care products that you have stacked in your beauty night stand (you probably have all sorts of creams, lotions, oil and ointments for the skin) there are practices that would help achieving the healthy and beautiful skin that most women have been dreaming about since forever. Obviously there are also habits that are damaging to the skin.
If you want to make sure that you are properly caring for your skin check out these practices and habits that are listed below. The habits and practices listed belong to 2 categories. There is the category for practices that help the skin become healthy and the category for practices that damage the skin.
Check out if the habits you are practicing are good for your skin or damaging your skin.
- Are you drinking 8 glasses of water everyday? If you are then good on you. This habit is actually very healthy for the skin. Keeping the skin hydrated is healthy for the skin. Green tea is also good for the skin because of its high concentration of Polyphenols which cleanse the skin and prevents skin aging. There are however beverages that you should stop drinking such as alcohol and caffeine-rich drinks. They dehydrate the skin. If you can’t totally cut them out you should make sure to just drink them in moderation.
- Are you lathering on sunscreen protection everyday? If you don’t then your skin will show the damaging effects of the UV rays from the sun. Did you know that wrinkles are mostly caused by UV rays? Did you also know that constant unprotected exposure to UV rays can lead to skin cancer? Being under the sun without sun protection is one of the worst things that you can do to your skin.
Be sure to apply sunscreen lotion with a Sun Protection Factor or SPF of at least 15 whenever you are going out your house. Keep in mind that you should apply the lotion at least 15 minutes before bolting out the door.
- Do you smoke? If you do then you should stop wondering why wrinkles and fine lines are starting to show up. Cigarettes have toxins that damage collagen. Oxygen is also blocked from your skin’s blood vessels. This is the reason why your skin is having a hard time repairing and replenishing damaged skin cells.
- Are you applying moisturiser to your skin daily? Great news if you are and even greater news if you are using Argan oil as your skin moisturiser. Argan oil has moisturising properties and is rich with components that help fight skin aging.
- How are you managing stress? Stress actually depletes your collagen production and alters the chemical balance of your body. This can lead to skin breakouts and appearance of wrinkles Stress will always be present in life. However you should work on managing your stress. Exercising regularly can help effectively manage stress.
So are your habits helping or harming your skin?