How do you keep your skin healthy? Most women ask this question. With the harmful UV rays to worry about and car fumes, dust and other pollutants surrounding the air, keeping a healthy skin may seem like trapping yourself inside your house. However this is as well not healthy for the skin. The skin needs a good amount of sunshine and air exposure. Stressing about how to keep the skin healthy would also do you no good and can even cause you fine lines of aging or pimples. On top of all of these women also have hormonal changes to worry about.
When it comes to keeping the skin healthy there are simple steps that you can take. Here are a few healthy skin care tips to help you maintain that glowing and vibrant skin as well as avoid acne and fine aging lines.
Skin Care 101
- Relax your mind. Don’t over think everything. Stress can cause pimple break outs. Once you get rid of pimples you would need to worry about the scars left on your face. To avoid this dilemma always work on relaxing your mind. Ride your bicycle, watch a movie or go to a spa and have a massage.
- Get plenty of rest. Not having enough sleep is very unhealthy. This is one of the main causes of break outs and even skin aging.
- Eat healthy food and avoid greasy and oily meals from fast food chains. You should always eat a balanced meal. Do not avoid the greens on your plate and make sure you eat fresh slices of fruits everyday.
- Stop smoking. Cigarettes have nicotine and harmful ingredients that can damage your skin. Also cut down on your alcohol intake. Alcoholic drinks dehydrate the skin. Drink plenty of water instead. You should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses everyday. This keeps the skin hydrated.
- Exercise. You should work on to have an active lifestyle. Working out at least 3 times a week is healthy and will help you maintain your healthy skin. You can choose to walk around your neighbourhood, ride your bicycle, swim, play tennis or hit the gym. When you sweat the pores on your skin opens up and allows your skin to breathe. If you have pimple problems it is best that you engage in a physical activity to sweat as your sweat has sodium which will kill the bacteria causing the pimples.
- Wash your face everyday at least twice in a day. Wash your face when you wake up. It is best to use cold water when you wash your face in the morning and hot water when you go to bed.
- Use sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Apply Argan oil regularly. Argan oil is rich in essential unsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E and antioxidants that help in skin cell regeneration. The nutrients found in this oil are helpful in maintaining the health and youth of the skin.
With these simple skin care tips in mind, you would have a glowing and healthy skin.