Cancer is one of the most powerful words ever invented. This one word can dramatically change the course of a person’s life. Having a life threatening disease such as cancer can alter not just the perceptive of the person who has cancer but the lives of the people he or she is connected with. Family, friends, and sometimes even strangers are affected by a person’s cancer illness. Why you may ask? Because cancer kills and when it kills, it kills painfully. Cancer doesn’t really have a 100% assurance of cure and this is what makes this disease even more dangerous. Most cancers appear without no known causes – no family history, no medical history. Yet surprisingly, other cancers like skin cancer may be avoided. Read on and learn how to be able to avoid facing one of the most dangerous types of cancer – skin cancer.
Do you know what skin cancer is?
Skin cancer is a type of disease wherein malignant (cancer) cells are present in the outer layers of the skin. Among different types of human cancer, skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer. Skin cancer is also known as skin neoplasia.
What causes skin cancer?
- Sunlight and getting sunburned are two of the most common sources of skin cancer. The harsh UV light coming from the sun can cause sunburn and may also cause skin cancer. Overexposure to the sun as well as the total amount of sun exposure over the years plays roles in skin cancer development. The important lesson here is to protect skin from the harsh sun rays to help prevent skin cancer.
- Family history or heredity also plays a big role in not just skin cancer but in almost all cancer types. If your mom or dad, or any known relative has had a form of cancer, then your likelihood of getting cancer increases. A family history of skin cancer puts you at a higher risk of developing the same disease. Taking precaution becomes more vital.
- Change in environment and how the ozone layer has started to weaken poses a greater threat to humanity. The thinner the ozone layer becomes, the harder its job becomes. The ozone layer is not able to effectively filter out and reduce the amount of UV light entering the earth’s atmosphere. Not as effectively as it has 100 years ago.
What should one do to help avoid skin cancer?
Precaution is the most important word to remember when dealing with the big C prevention. One cannot escape being exposed to the sun. You see, a trip to the beach with friends and family is a part of summer. Not only this, one would always and most certainly have to go out in the sun. So be wise and learn precautionary measures on how to protect your skin from getting skin cancer.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Avoid being exposed to the sun when its rays are strongest and most dangerous (10am-4pm).
- Broad-brimmed hats and tightly-woven clothing are your best friends.
- Using sunscreen and reapplying it when needed is very important.
- Avoiding tanning beds that give out the same dangerous UV rays.
- Having regular check-ups and showing a doctor suspicious looking new growths.
- Using natural protective products like argan oil to help protect skin from the sun.
Why is Argan oil useful?
Argan oil is an added layer that helps protect your skin from the sun’s rays. It also helps skin retain moisture and keeps skin healthy. Healthy skin will always be stronger to ward off cancerous cells.
The BIG C in skin is preventable. Think smart and help your skin avoid it. Protect yourself and protect your skin.