Women are all worked up about finding the secret to a smooth and clear skin. A smooth and clear skin is actually possible and the ways on how to achieve it is actually quite easy. If you are tired of seeing pimples popping up every now and then as well as your skin turning into a canvas of lines you should pay attention to how you care for your skin. You might be actually doing more harm than good.
Skin Care Mishaps
If you want clear and smooth skin avoid doing the following:
- Sleeping in with your make up on – This is one of the worst things you can do to your skin. No matter how tired and sleepy you are you should always see to it that you free your skin from make up. Make up is a dust, dirt and oil trap. If you leave it on overnight this just means that dirt, dust and oil are clogging your pores. There is also that fact that some ingredients of cosmetic products can irritate your skin. It also can slow down regeneration of skin cells.
- Harsh facial cleansers – Not all facial cleansers you see out in the market are actually good for your skin. Some are too harsh that your skin gets irritated. You should also never use soap as your facial cleanser. Soaps remove dirt and oil but also leave the skin dry. Never use astringents that are alcohol based as this is just torture for your skin.
- The squeaky clean – The squeaky clean feeling is because of too much of two things. Either too much washing of face and or too much application of facial cleansers. When you opt for the squeaky clean feeling you are actually triggering your skin to produce more oil to fight that squeaky dryness.
- Not moisturising the skin – This is a double big No. After stepping out of the shower you should apply some tender loving care to your skin which is in the form of moisturizer. Opt to use Argan oil. Argan oil is actually a healthy food for the skin because of its components such as essential unsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E and antioxidants that help keep the health of the skin. This oil can be used for the face and the entire body.
- Lighting up that stick – Yes, we are talking about cigarettes. Smoking actually slows down collagen production. Collagen is what gives the skin its elasticity and smoothness. When you smoke your blood vessels that are close to the skin’s surface are actually constricted thus the skin is robbed of oxygen. Without oxygen and collagen the result would be wrinkles on the skin and that almost rough leather like look and feel.
- Ignoring to put sunscreen protection – It is not just every time you go to the beach that you should put on sunscreen lotion, it should be every time you go out of the house. The harmful UV rays from the sun actually penetrate deep into your skin and destroy DNA, collagen and also robbing the body of important nutrition. If you want to avoid wrinkles, sunspots and discoloration apply sunscreen protection every time you leave the house. Do not forget to reapply sunscreen lotion if you have been out in the sun for too long.
Now that you know what to avoid you can start taking care of your skin the right way and achieve that smooth, clear and soft skin.