I am a firm believer of the old saying, give a man fish and he would have something to eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he would have something to eat all his life. I don’t know the exact words for this old chinese proverb but the message is the same. I love salmon and I go fishing for it in the local friendly grocery store just a few blocks from home.
After a long and tiring day at work, I spend my time cooking up a fulfilling dish that would cure my tired body and mind. Cooking for me relieves me from a stressful day and I always want to feed my body a meal that would boost my health. I am not the type of person who would just settle for fast food meals. Such meals do more harm to my body. It’s a good thing that I no longer need to go out in the lake with my fishing rods to catch my salmon. I pass by the local grocery store after work to fish for my salmon.
Baked Salmon with Moroccan Argan Oil Recipe
I love salmon and many other fish. I fry, steam, bake and grill them. I would say that one of my most favourite fish recipes is baked and crusted salmon!
Ingredients to Fish for
- Salmon Fillets – If you are serving for 4 people and that’s including you then get 4 pieces of fillets. This is around 1 and a half punds of salmon.
- Ground Nutmeg _ You will need about 1 teaspoon.
- Salt – A quarter teaspoon is enough.
- Black Pepper – You will need also about a quarter teaspoon.
- Butter – Half a stick will be enough. I choose a lite butter or that’s butter without the cholesterol, lesser fat and salt content.
- Bread Crumbs – Choose the plain one. You can even make your own bread crumbs. Just toast bread and with your knife, slice and mince away.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – This precious oil from Morocco will bring a delightful nutty taste and aroma to your baked and crusted salmon. This oil is also filled with healthy goodness with its high content of unsaturated essential fatty acids and numerous antioxidants.
Now that you have fished for your ingredients, it’s time to get things baking in the kitchen. This dish is so easy and quick to prepare.
Let’s Start Baking
- Step 1. As with any baking, the first step is to preheat your oven. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2. Use your rimmed baking sheet and coat it with your cooking spray. Use a sheet large enough to fit the salmon fillets.
- Step 3. Start seasoning your fillets with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Once seasoned, place them in the baking sheet.
- Step 4. Get your pan heated on the stove. Just use medium heat and melt the butter. The next step is to slowly stir in the bread crumbs. Allow the crumbs to lightly brown. Once done, spoon over the sauce in the salmon. Make sure that you cover the top of all the fillets completely.
- Step 5. Place the sheet on the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Step 6. Before serving, drizzle Argan oil over the fillets.