Just about anyone can cook up this Balsamic Pork Chops recipe! With of course the exception of babies! This recipe involves easy to find ingredients and preparing this dish would be a breezy Sunday morning walk in the park! Take the time (only little of your time actually) to cook up this dish and serve yourself if you are solo or your loved ones this tasty pork chops!
Balsamic Pork Chops with Extra Nutty Flavour
Ready to start getting busy in your kitchen? Head out first to your local grocery store and shop for these ingredients!
Ingredients You Will Need
Here are the list of ingredients for this recipe!
- Pork Chops – If you are cooking for 4 or 2 then 4 pieces of boneless centre-cut loin pork chops will do. It is best to get the 3/4-inch thick ones.
- Lemon Pepper – You will need about 2 teaspoons.
- Vegetable oil – About 1 tablespoon is enough.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Half a cup is enough.
- Canned Chicken Broth – 1/3 cup of the can is enough.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – You will need only about 1 to 2 tablespoons. This oil gas a strong nutty flavour and aroma so use only a small amount when drizzling. The great thing about this oil is that it is packed with Vitamin F or Omega 6 which is beneficial to the heart and brain. It is also loaded with antioxidants and if you have been reading this blog, you would know that antioxidants can protect the body from serious and chronic diseases such as heart diseases and skin diseases as well as cancer!
Now that you have your ingredients, it’s time to get busy in the kitchen!
Let’s Get Those Chops Cooking!
This dish will only take 5 minutes to prepare and about 10 minutes of cooking time! Very easy right?
- Step Number 1. Rinse the chops and pat them dry. Sprinkle both sides of your chops thoroughly with lemon pepper.
- Step Number 2. Grab your skillet and put it on your stove. Set your heat to medium high and pour in the vegetable oil. Once the oil is heated, add in your chops. Brown each side of the chops. Usually, each side will brown after 3 minutes. Remove the chops from the skillet and keep them warm.
- Step Number 3.Using the same skillet and with your stove set to medium high heat, pour in your balsamic vinegar and broth. Stir them well. When stirring, loosen the left over brown bits of the chops on the skillet. These caramelised left over bits are packed with flavour! Once the sauce is reduced and thin (which will take about 4 minutes) turn off the heat and spoon over the sauce over your pork chops.
- Step Number 4. Before serving the chops, drizzle them with Argan oil for that nutty taste and healthy goodness!
With only 15 minutes to spend preparing this dish, you can’t make the excuse of having no time to cook! This dish is so easy to prepare that you can’t even pull out the “I can’t cook” slip!