Tousled bobs definitely look good on Cameron Diaz but you know that only movie stars can carry off that look. Or so you believe. A tousled look can quickly turn to tangled and fly away hair. Instead of affecting a carefree look, you appear hassled and harried.
The truth is that this modern take on the classic bob with its longer length and tousled look can be worn by anyone even if you are not a movie star. The secret to being able to wear this hairstyle with aplomb lies within a few basic steps you need to do for your hair.
Bobbed Hair Secrets
Preventing fly away hair is easy if you know what to do. Fly away hair is hair that is dry, frizzy and full of static causing your ends to stick out.
- Start with a shampoo and conditioner. Choose a mild shampoo and a moisturizing conditioner.
- Avoid washing your hair every day if possible.
- ever wash hair with hot water. Hot water strips your hair of its natural protective oils. Your hair’s natural oils coat the hair cuticle and lay it flat and smooth, preventing fly away and frizz.
- The key to flat and smooth cuticle is to keep it moisturized. Condition your hair every day and deep condition every week.
- Use a leave-on conditioner after your shower to seal the moisture in.
- One of the more popular hair care products these days is Argan oil, a 100% natural oil from Morroco. Packed with essential fatty acids, the oil coats the cuticle and keeps it moisturized. The oil’s high content of vitamin E helps to repair damage and promote healthy hair growth.Massage Argan oil on your hair at night before going to bed. Or use as a leave-on conditioner. A small amount of the oil goes a long way in keeping your trendy bob beautifully tousled.
What else can be done?
Fly away and dry hair is made worse when hair is damaged or broken. Your personal habits may unintentionally be causing your hair to become damaged and dry. Here are some tips on how to help prevent damaged hair.
- Cover your hair when going out under the sun. The sun’s UV rays are one of the leading causes of dry and damaged hair.
- If you are going to use a hat, choose one made of cotton instead of wool to avoid static.
- Your hair can’t take too much heat. Skip the hair dryer on some days and let your hair dry naturally. If unavoidable, use the lowest setting on your appliance.
- Gently comb hair with a wide-tooth comb and avoid pulling on your tangled hair.
- Use a soft-bristled brush. Plastic bristles can pull and break your hair.
- Keep a small spray bottle with water in your purse. A light misting can help tame fly away hair.
Worry no more about fly away hair. Chic and fashionable hairstyles are within your reach with these hair care tips.