Have you been eating tasteless dishes just so you can keep your body healthy? Some people who are trying to lose weight or trying to stick to a healthy diet sacrifice the taste of what they eat. This should not be the case. Healthy meals can be sumptuous too!
You probably have been craving for a dish that is rich and creamy but at the same time not smothering your heart with cholesterol. Well, it is possible! It’s a good thing that mrfood.com just released a recipe for a healthier version yet creamy Beef Stroganoff.
A Healthier Take on Beef Stroganoff
What You Would Need
- Beef top sirloin steak – about a pound. Make sure that you get one that is boneless, well trimmed and sliced thinly across the grain.
- Onion – A small size would do. Just chop the onion like your usual chop.
- Mushrooms – About a pound of fresh ones. You can have them sliced.
- A can of condensed reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup – It is best to get the 10 and 3/4 ouncer.
- Dry white wine – About a cup will do.
- Black pepper – about a quarter teaspoon.
- Noodles – About a pound. It is best that you get theuncooked no-yolk egg noodles.
- Sour cream – About half a cup of reduced-fat sour cream.
- Parsley – Get the fresh ones. You would need about 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
Let us do the Cooking
- Step 1. Get your skillet ( a nonstick skillet would be ideal) and spray it with some cooking spray. Add the beef and your onions and let them brown over a medium high heat. About 5 to 7 minutes of browning would be enough or you can check if the steak has no more pink areas or see if the onions are already tender. You can do some stirring from time to time.
- Step 2. You can already add your mushrooms and cook them until they are tender. About 3 minutes of cooking the mushroom would be enough. Lower your heat to medium low and pour in the soup and wine. Stir them in and add the pepper. Let it simmer for about 25 minutes or when the steak is already tender.
- Step 3. While you are simmering, you can attend to preparing the noodles. Read the directions in the packet of the noodles and follow them however forget about the salt this time. Drain the noodles and set them aside. You should put a cover on the noodles so that it stays warm.
- Step 4. Pour in the sour cream as well as the parsley into the steak mixture. Let it cook for about a minute. Just heat it through but don’t bring it to a boil. You are now ready to serve the steak over your noodles.
- Step 5. Drizzle Argan oil to your beef stroganoff before serving. That nutty flavour will be an extra surprise.