How does your skin feel like to the touch? I know what most women would love to answer soft but the truth is not many can answer this. How does one achieve a soft skin? This seems to be the million dollar question that most women ask. Some men ask this question too but it is still the ladies that are very attentive to the texture and appearance of their skin.
The skin is exposed to a lot of elements that have drastic effects to the skin. Both the cold and heat can do damage to the skin. Wind and sunlight are also elements that the skin needs protection against. In order to achieve a soft skin texture you should have your skin protected against these elements.
There are many ways on how you can have soft skin texture. We have listed some of the important care tips that anyone who wants to have soft skin should religiously follow.
The Secret to Soft Skin
- Sunscreen – If you go out of your house daily then you need to wear sun protection every time you do so. You might think that it is only during a hot summer’s day on the beach you need to have sun protection but this is not true.If you want to care for your skin and maintain its soft texture always wear sunscreen lotion when you go out and under the sun even if you will just be out for a few minutes. The UVA and UVB rays from the sun are harsh to your skin and do a lot of damaging. Your DNA, collagen and even nutrients from the skin are damaged by the sun. So you should always wear skin protection.
- Moisturise with Argan oil – Argan oil is effective in preventing fine lines and premature aging of the skin as it contains essential unsaturated fatty acids. Your skin cells also stop aging and are well nourished because of its high Vitamin E content. Stretch marks are as well avoided because of this. This oil also contains Polyphenols, an antioxidant and which is also known to put a stop on skin aging. Its Ferulic acid content shields the skin from damaging UV rays from the sun. The oil is also rich in Carotenoids which also prevent skin aging and also protect the skin from the damages that can be caused by free radicals.
- Adequate sleep – Ever looked into the mirror after a sleepless night? Your skin is not impressive at all. Sleep gives the skin cells the chance to regenerate. Lack of sleep also disturbs the production of collagen which is the protein responsible for giving the skin elasticity and smoothness.
- Plenty of fluids – You may have been hearing since childhood that you should drink 8 to glasses of water everyday. Well, if you want to have smooth skin the advice is still the same. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water to keep the skin hydrated.
- Eat healthy meals and choose a healthy lifestyle – You should avoid the greasy oily and processed food. Go for fish, egg whites, skinless chicken and turkey breast for your protein source. Go for fresh and raw fruits and vegetables.
The dream of having a soft skin will come true if you follow this skin care guide.