Just hearing the words Boeuf Bourguignon come out of your mouth makes you feel so fancy! Those who are lost in translation, Boeuf Bourguignon is Beef Burgundy. How do you say Boeuf Bourguignon correctly? Let us try and speak like a genuine French! Boeuf is pronounced Bef and Bourguignon is pronounced Bow-guin-yawn. Now muster the best French accent you can and say Bef Bowr-guin-yawn!
We will not just be learning how to pronounce Boeuf Bourguignon but we would be learning how to make this délicieux dish!
Boeuf Bourguignon Recetta
Are you feeling your inner French? Before anything else you will need the ingrédients! Dash to your local grocery store and purchase the following:
- Rump Roast – If you are cooking for 6 people, including yourself then about a 3 pounder beef round will do. Have it cut into 1 and 1/2-inch cubes.
- Onion – Grab a large one. Slice the onion.
- Garlic – 1 garlic clove is enough. Mince the garlic.
- All-Purpose Flour – A quarter cup is enough.
- Dry Red Wine – You will need just 1 cup.
- Condensed Beef Broth – Grab 1 can 10 and a half-ounce.
- Dried Thyme – Just use about 1 teaspoon.
- Tomate Paste – 2 tablespoons will do.
- Butter – Use 3 tablespoons.
- Bay Leaf – You will need 1.
- Frozen Pearl Onions – Half a pound will do.
- Fresh Mushrooms – The 8-ounce package will do.
- Salt – Just 1 teaspoon is enough.
- Pepper – A quarter teaspoon is enough.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – You will need to use about 1 to 2 tablespoons. You will love the nutty taste and aroma of this oil. The oil is also packed with essential fatty acids that benefit your heart and your brain.
Preparing the Boeuf Bourguignon
- Step Number 1. On a medium heat, melt the butter in your skillet. Add on the beef and cook the meat for about 10 minutes. Once you see that the beef cubes are browned thoroughly, get your slow cooker and place the beef in.
- Step Number 2. Using the same skillet with the beef drippings, put in the garlic and onions and sautè for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add flour. Make sure to stir it in. You will need to continuously stir for about 1 minute. Once done stirring in the flour, add in your wine, broth and tomato paste. Make sure that you slowly stir them in. About 1 to 2 minutes, this sauce should be ready.
- Step Number 3. Add in the thyme and the rest of the ingredients except the Argan oil. Now you are ready to pour in this tasty sauce over the beef in your slow cooker.
- Step Number 4. Put on the cover of your slow cooker and cook on low fire or low heat for about 8 hours. This is when the wine comes in handy. Of course don’t just drink the entire 8 hours you are waiting for the Boeuf Bourguignon to be cooked.You can start preparing yourself before your guests arrive and start setting the table. Once cooked, start looking for the bay leaf in the pot and remove it.
- Step Number 5. Don’t forget to drizzle the Argan oil over the Boeuf Bourguignon right before serving!