Tired of roasting and frying your chicken? Why don’t you start braising? Braised chicken is even juicier and this recipe is very delicious. So if you are getting tired of the same fried or roasted chicken over and over again, here is a winner chicken recipe!
Braising is a long process. So if you plan making this dish, make sure that you have the time for it. This dish would take about 7 hours of cooking. However once you get to taste this braised chicken recipe, you would be willing to spend this much time again in your kitchen just to make this dish.
Braised Chicken Thighs
Are you ready to braise your chicken? Before anything else, you will need to get the ingredients. Head out to your local grocery store to buy what you need for the Braised Chicken Thighs recipe.
What You Will Need
- Chicken Thighs – If you are cooking for 3 (that’s including yourself) about 1 and 1/2 to 1 and 3/4 pounds of chicken thighs will be enough. Remember to have the bones but throw out the skin.
- Onion – You will need just one medium-sized onion. Half it lengthwise and then slice.
- Potatoes – Get about a pound or 4 pieces of medium-sized potatoes. Cut them into 1/4 inch slices.
- Baby Carrots – 2 cups is enough.
- Salt – 1 and 1/4 teaspoons will be enough.
- Black Pepper – Half a teaspoon is enough.
- Chicken Broth – A quarter cup will do.
- Dry White Wine – You’ll need a quarter cup.
- Garlic – You will need about 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- Dried Thyme – Half a teaspoon will do.
- Paprika Just a teaspoon is all you will need.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – 2 teaspoons of this oil is potent to give you enough kick of that nutty flavour. Did you know that this oil is actually healthy for the heart and brain? Are you also aware that this oil boosts the immune system? Add this precious oil to your dishes for that nutty and healthy punch!
Now that you are done with your ingredient-shopping, it is time to get busy in the kitchen!
- Step Number 1. Lightly grease your slow cooker and put in your onions and then top them with potatoes and carrots.
- Step Number 2. In a bowl, combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper your chicken broth, white wine, minced garlic and dried thyme. Pour this mixture over the vegetables.
- Step Number 3. In a smaller bowl, mix your paprika, the remaining half a teaspoon of salt and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper left over. Once done, rub this mix of spices to your chicken thighs and place the thighs on top of the vegetables.
- Step Number 4. Set your stove on high setting and cook for 1 hour. After an hour, change the heat setting to low and then cook for 6 hours more. By this time, the meat and vegetables are tender and well-cooked!
Before serving, drizzle Argan oil over your braised chicken thighs! Enjoy!