Did you know that the culinary Argan oil can help bring down your risk of heart-related disease? Are you also aware that this gourmet oil from Morocco can actually help reverse the effects of heart disease? Now that you know these facts, you should be quick to make sure that a bottle of this heart beneficial oil is sitting in your kitchen cupboard.
Many things have been said about the amazing prowess of this Moroccan culinary oil in bringing down levels of bad cholesterol in the body. The oil is packed with numerous nutrients and is especially loaded with essential fatty acids which are great for your heart. Let’s find out more about the health benefits of this Moroccan gourmet oil.
Benefits of the Culinary Argan Oil
- The phenolic compounds in the oil have shown to lower the oxidation of LDL (low-density lipoprotein) or bad cholesterol and improve the levels of HDL (high-density lipoprotein) or the good cholesterol. A study also revealed that Argan oil increases one’s levels of good cholesterol significantly higher than that of virgin olive oil. In this study, 60 people were divided into two groups. One group was fed with Argan oil while the other group was fed virgin olive oil. After three weeks the result yielded that the group that was fed with the Moroccan oil has higher levels of HDL (the good cholesterol) compared to those who were fed virgin olive oil.
- The oil also has the prowess to bring down levels of triglycerides in the bloodstream. One has to be concerned about their levels of triglycerides as having them in high levels may lead to atherosclerosis and puts you at higher risk of heart disease and stroke. Researchers believe that this prowess of the oil comes from its high levels of natural polyphenols, Vitamin E and plant Sterols.
In most developed nations, heart disease usually tops the cause of death. A disturbing fact about heart-related disease is that it is no longer just associated with the elderly. It is still true that old age makes you more vulnerable to this health issue but the number of young adults in their 30s and 40s suffering from a heart-related problem has been increasing.
Here are other natural substances that offer heart protection.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids – Numerous studies and researches have suggested that once risk of dying from a sudden cardiac arrest is greatly reduced when taking higher levels of omega 3 fatty acids. The omega 3 fatty acids in fish have been especially associated with being able to reduce the risk of sudden death from cardiac arrest particularly in men who have never exhibited symptoms of a heart disease.
- Vitamin D – A 26% increased rate of death from all-cause form is associated with having very low levels of Vitamin D. A 2009 research confirmed that lower Vitamin D levels are even more obvious in cardiovascular death.
- Magnesium – This is another natural substance that benefits the heart immensely. Deficiency in magnesium can hasten the aging of the heart muscle.