Pimples itself are quite hard to deal with already. But the agony does not stop with them. After finally getting rid of pimples or your acne problem, you will still need to deal with the acne scars they leave behind.
For most people who suffered from mild to severe acne, the scars left behind are just as bothersome as the pimples itself or even worse. Many who have acne scars suffer a blow in their self-confidence. But the good news is there are ways to get rid of acne scars. While we have surgical methods as well as medical means to treat these scars such as micro-dermabrasion, some people opt to treat them with more natural methods. Some people swear by the effectiveness of a number of products purely extracted from Mother Nature
Moroccan Argan Oil: Nature’s Gift to the Skin
Essential oils are known for having numerous beauty benefits especially to the skin. One essential oil that is getting much attention in the market today is the Moroccan Argan oil. This oil is extracted from the fruit nuts of the Argan tree which exclusively grow in the southwestern region of Morocco. Often this Moroccan oil is referred to as the liquid gold of Morocco because of its wonderful benefits to the skin, hair and nails!
But is this oil helpful in getting a clearer skin? Although there is only anecdotal evidence as to the power of Argan oil in helping minimize acne scars, this has not stopped people from trying out the product. Let us get to know more about the nutrients in the oil that may play a major role in minimizing or reducing the appearance of acne scars!
Components of Argan Oil That May Help Minimize the Appearance of Acne Scars
What components of this oil may be helpful in reducing the appearance of acne scars?
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is perhaps the main ingredient of Argan oil that may offer the most benefit to the skin. It has long been believed that Vitamin E can help minimize scars and help promote skin healing.
- Sterols and Essential Fatty Acids – Keeping the skin moisturized is essential in achieving clear and beautiful skin. Aside from Vitamin E which has moisturizing properties, Argan oil also contains sterols and essential fatty acids. Both of these nutrients also hold moisturizing properties.
- Antioxidants – Eating foods packed with antioxidants can help keep the skin beautiful and healthy. This is because antioxidants protect the skin from free-radical damage. Exposing your acne scars to free radicals such as the sun’s UV rays can only make them worse. But are topical antioxidants give the same effect to the skin? As of present further studies are needed to confirm this theory. But you would notice that antioxidants such as Vitamin E are now becoming a staple ingredient in many skin care products.
Other Essential Oils That May Help Reduce the Appearance of Acne Scars
Here is a list of other essential oils that may help in reducing the appearance of acne scars!
- White camphor essential oil
- Roman chamomile essential oil
- Elemi essential oil
- Rosewood essential oil
- Yarrow essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
If you want a natural solution in minimizing the appearance of your acne scars, try any of these essential oils.