Many of us have this longing to stop time or at least stop its effects from taking over the skin. As time moves forward, lines and wrinkles will start creeping into the skin. The good news is there are ways to stop time from showing on your skin.You won’t even have to spendd lots o money or go under the knife to prevent fine lines and wrinkles from taking over. A few lifestyle changes can do the trick!
- Wear your sunnies! Sunglasses do not just make you look cool, they actually are quite helpful in preventing fine lines and wrinkles. When you are out on a sunny day without your sunnies, the bright glare can make you squint. All that squinting can result to the dreaded crow’s feet right around your eyes. If you don’t want this to happen, remember to always have your sunnies handy especially during sunny days.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen lotion! Applying sunscreen lotion should be a daily habit. The sun’s UV rays are very damaging to the skin. They are actually the number one culprit behind early skin ageing and most types of skin cancer. So before heading outdoors, make sure that you’ve lathered on a generous amount of sunscreen lotion and have the bottle handy so you can reapply when needed. About every after 2 hours, you should reapply sunscreen or even earlier on if you have been sweating a lot. It would also be ideal to use sunscreen with SPF 30 and one that is water-proof!
- Lather on antioxidant-packed moisturiser daily! Keeping the skin moisturised is key to having a youthful and healthy skin. The Moroccan Argan oil is apotent moisturiser loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants have the power to neutralise free radicals like UV rays before they can even do damage on your skin. Argan oil is an antioxidant power house with its Vitamin E, Carotenoids, Ferulic acid and Polyphenols. It also comes with Sterols and essential fatty acids which are potent moisturisers!
- Eat up on foods loaded with antioxidants! If you are serious about getting a more youthful skin, then you should start eating your vegetables. Leafy greens and fruits are loaded with powerful antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin E! You should see to it that your daily meals include one or two leafy greens and fruits in them. You may add red peppers on your salds as they are loaded with Vitamins A and C. Berries are also a great source of antioxidants!
- Quit drinking soda! Soda is high in sugar and too much sugar is not good for your skin nor for your overall health. Instead of drinking soda, you should drink water. Water is essential for healthy and youthful skin. Water keeps the body hydrated and if you want youthful skin, you should be hydrated from the inside. Do your best to have at least 8 glasses of water a day!
These few tips can get you a youthful looking skin in no time!