Want to care for your hands and nails properly? We have some helpful tips.
Hand Care Tips
- Avoid using harsh soaps. Washing the hands is very important to stop germs from spreading. But some of us use soaps that can irritate the skin. To prevent your skin from drying out or getting irritated it is best to use a moisturizing liquid cleanser when washing your hands. If you like using bar soaps, you should get one that has moisturizing ingredients sucj as sunflower oil, Argan oil or soybean oil.
- Use hand moisturizers or hand creams. Keeping your hands moisturized is one of the greatest things you can do for your hands. This is especially true as you start gaining years. Keep your hands moisturized all throughout the day and before you go to sleep at night. You can use any cream or lotion but hand creams do have some advantages. Creams designed specifically for the hands are usually quick absorbing and not greasy at all. If you prefer an all-natural moisturizer, the Argan oil is an excellent choice. This oil is chock full of moisturizing nutrients such as Vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and sterols. The oil does not leave your skin feeling greasy. This is probably because the sterols found in Argan oil are compatible with human sterols therefore allowing for quick absorption of the oil.
- Keep your hands protected from sun damage. When applying sunscreen, don’t forget to include your hands. A broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 is recommended.
Extra Tip: If you want to make age spots on your hands fade or become less noticeable, you can use hand brightening or lightening creams. Argan oil also works effectively in making your age spots less noticeable with thanks to its high content of antioxidants. If you want quicker results, ask your dermatologist about laser treatments for age spots.
- Eat foods packed with biotin. This is especially if you suffer from brittle nails. Biotin or vitamin B7 can be found in green peas, oats, soybeans, bulgur, brown rice, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. There are also biotin supplements available. However, it is best to check with your doctor first before taking any supplement.
- Learn proper manicure techniques. To keep your nails healthy, you should see to it that you know proper manicure techniques. This is especially if you do your own manicure. But remember some nail technicians may also employ improper techniques so having the knowledge about proper manicure techniques will be very handy. For example, some people including nail technicians still cut the cuticles. This is to be avoided as any break in the cuticles can let infectious organisms get into your system which can lead to serious complications. Pushing the cuticles back with an orange stick may be safer than cutting them but the best option is to just leave your cuticles alone. You should always use the proper nail tools and make sure that you clean and disinfect them before and after every use.
- Keep your nails and cuticles moisturized. There are plenty of nail oils that you can use for moisturizing both the nails and cuticles. An excellent choice is the Argan oil. Vitamin E and essential fatty acids in the oil help keep the nails and the cuticles moisturized.
Keep these proper hand and nail care tips in mind. Like our Facebook page and share this post to your friends.