Although most of us are sad to say goodbye to the summer season, the reality is we have to. Well, at least we don’t have to bear with the intense heat anymore and as the temperature goes down, we get to snuggle more. The fall season is a season of snuggling and of course soups. But of course you don’t have to eat soup all season long. Here’s a delicious chicken recipe that will sweeten your day.
Spring chicken is a favourite of many but ever tried autumn chicken? You’re in for a sweet surprise. This delicious meal takes less than an hour to prepare. Here’s what you will need!
This is a recipe for 4 servings. You can do adjustments if you’re serving for more or less. Get your pen and paper or your phone and list down these ingredients.
- Butternut Squash – Get at least 20 ounces of fresh of frozen butternut squash in cubes.
- Apples – Get 4 apples and slice them into cubes.
- Chicken cutlets – You’ll need 4 frozen ones.
- Apple Cider – You will need just a cup.
- Butter – 2 tablespoons of butter is enough.
- Salt and Pepper – How much you will need is according to your taste.
- Culinary Argan oil – You’ll need about 1-2 tablespoons. Drizzle this to your dish right before serving! The oil is packed with antioxidants and unsaturated essential fatty acids. This culinary oil is an immune system booster! It also protects you from heart diseases as it can lower levels of bad cholesterol. It also is good for brain development!
Now that you have the ingredients, let’s move on to the cooking part. Here are easy-to-follow directions.
- Step 1. Start with preheating your oven to 450 degrees.
- Step 2. Place your butternut squash in the microwave and heat it until they become a little bit soft. If you are using fresh cubes of butternut squash, 6 minutes in the microwave would do and for frozen ones, 12 minutes would do.
- Step 3. Next, grab your baking sheet and start tossing the squash and the apples together in it. Grab another baking sheet and start arranging the cutlets of chicken in it.
- Step 4. In your sauce pan, pour in the apple cider and let it reduce over high heat for about 10 minutes. Remove the sauce pan from the heat and put in the butter. Whisk it in as well as the salt and pepper.
- Step 5. Now start pouring half of the glaze you just made over the squash mixture.
- Step 6. It’s time to get baking! Place your sheet with the squash mixture on the upper rack of your oven while the baking sheet with the chicken on the lower rack. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Step 7. Time to plate! Place each chicken cutlet on top of the squash and apples and drizzle with the remaining apple cider glaze.
- Step 8. Almost ready to serve! For a healthier kick, drizzle with culinary Argan oil!