They say that revenge is best served cold but I say it is fish that is best served cold and even hot! It’s time to surprise your loved ones with a chilled fish dish! You would receive lots of compliments from the people you would invite to chill with you and enjoy this Chilled Poached Salmon dish.
Chilled Poached Salmon
You’ll spend about 30 minutes preparing this dish so you definitely can not throw out the “I have no time to cook” card. It is high time that you do spend time in the kitchen and give your body a healthy meal it deserves. Stop making excuses for ordering in. If you want a healthy body, you should start changing your menu from fast food meals to healthy home cooked meals.
What You Will Need
Head out to your local grocery store. The ingredients needed for this recipe is so easy to find so going to the grocery store to gather the things you will need for this recipe will be around 20 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Salmon Fillet – Of course you should get only fresh salmon. If you are cooking for a group of 5 including yourself, you’ll need about 2 pounds of salmon fillet. 2 pounds of salmon fillet is 1 huge piece of salmon minus the bones. Your grocer at the fish department will already know this.
- Lemon – You’ll need just 1 piece. Slice the lemon into half an inch slices. Reserve some slices for garnishing.
- Dry White Wine – Half a cup is all you will need.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – Add this oil as a drizzle and your chilled poached salmon will be infused with a great nutty flavour. The oil is also packed with essential fatty acids that benefit the heart and brain. It is also loaded with antioxidants that boost the immune system and protect the body from damages.
You see how easy it is to find the 4 and very easy to find ingredients that this recipe calls for? Now let us move on to the second part which is preparing the dish.
Prepping the Chilled Poached Salmon
If you found the shopping for the ingredients part very easy, you will find out soon that this dish is just a walk in the park.
- Step 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Step 2. Get your roasting pan and place an aluminum foil on it. You will need your foil to be about 18 inches long just is enough to wrap the salmon in.Make sure that the sides of the foil are pointing up.
- Step 3. Place the salmon on the aluminon-lined roast pan and have the lemon slices on top of the fish. Give the salmon a wine bath and then wrap the foil tightly.
- Step 4. Fill half an inch of the pan pan with warm water and start baking. Baking is just around 30 to 35 minutes. This amount of time would be enough to cook the fish.
- Step 5. Unwrap the fish to remove the lemon slices. Close the foil again and chill the fish in the fridge.
Once chilled, you can serve the dish! Place the chilled poached salmon in a platter and garnish with lemon slices and or basil leaves. (You may want to add basil on your ingredients to shop for.) Before serving drizzle Moroccan Argan oil on the fish for that extra nutty taste! You can also opt to serve the poached salmon warm, right after cooking.