The summer days are getting warmer and warmer. Cool off by enjoying the fresh taste of the tropics. This refreshing salad recipe of mixed fruits will surely give your body the cooling it needs in this intense summer heat. Share this healthy salad with your friends!
If you are not much of a kitchen wizard, there is no need to fret. This recipe calls for no culinary experience at all. You’ll be spending only around 15 minutes in your kitchen preparing this refreshing tropical salad. So let’s get started.
A Refreshing Blend of Fruits
Here are the things you will need!
- Green Grapes – You’ll need about 1 and a half cup.
- Red Grapes – It is best to get the seedless type. 1 and a half cup will do.
- Blueberries – You will also need 1 and a half cup of these healthy babies. Remember to get the fresh ones.
- Fresh Strawberries – Also 1 and a half cup. Make sure to cut the strawberries in half.
- Pineapple Chunks – Get the 8-ouncer can and drain out the juice. You can also get the fresh ones and just do the peeling and slicing of the fresh pineapple fruit. If you want to save time, the chunks in can will be the better option.
- Raspberries – Half a cup will do. Go for the fresh ones.
- Pina colada mix – You’ll need a can of the 10-ouncer frozen non-alcholic mix. Make sure to start thawing it minutes before the actual preparation.
- Sugae – Half a cup is all you will need.
- Pineapple-Orange Juice – Half a cup is enough.
- Almond Extract – Just prepare 1/8 teaspoon of it.
- Coconut Extract – You’ll also need about 1/8 teaspoon.
- culinary Argan oil – About 2 tablespoons for a healthier kick. This oil is packed with antioxidants and other healthy nutrients that boost the body’s immune system. This oil also is great for the brain and heart!
Get a serving bowl and pour in the first 6 things listed in the ingredients above. After having done that get a smaller bowl and pour in the pina colada, sugar, juice and extracts and start whisking until you have dissolved the sugar. Now you are reasy to pour this mix over your blend of fruits. Make sure that you toss the fruits so that everything is evenly coated with the mixture. Keep it chilled in the fridge until you’re ready to dig in on its freshness! You can also choose to drizzle over this refreshing salad a bit of Argan oil to add a kick of nutty and healthy flavour.