I have always been fascinated with the English people and their culture. When I visited London, I could not stop eating their traditional fish and chips. Of course, this is one of the things I crave for every now and then but I just couldn’t afford the luxury of flying to London in a whim just to satisfy my craving for fish and chips.
It’s a good thing that I came across this Fish and Chips recipe. I quickly found out that I am hooked on fish and chips and not just the ones I tried in London.
Not the Traditional Fish and Chips
You don’t have to book a flight to London to have great tasting fish and chips. You can actually bake them in your kitchen. This recipe may not be like the traditional fish and chips of the English but its taste is just as good! You’ll be hooked just like a fish!
What You Will Need
- Fish Fillets – If you have a group of 4 waiting to taste your fish and chips you will need about 1 and a half pounds of white-meat fish fillets. You can get cod, haddock or whiting. I always go for fresh fish but you can also use frozen fillets. If frozen, have them thawed.
- Potato Chips – Get a 5-ounce pack of potato chips with salt and vinegar flavour. You will need to crush the chips.
- Parsley – Shop for fresh parsley. You will need just a tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- Black Pepper – Half a quarter tablespoon is enough.
- Butter – About a quarter cup is enough. You will need to melt the butter.
- Moroccan Argan Oil – You will love this extra nutty flavour in your fish and chips.
Once you have the ingredients, you are now ready to get things baking in your kitchen!
Preparing the Fish and Chips
This crispy and tasty fish and chips is so easy to prepare. You will spend only about 25 minutes in your kitchen for this recipe!
- Step 1. The first step is to set the temperature of your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and start the preheating process.
- Step 2. Grab your baking sheet and spray it with your cooking spray.
- Step 3. Start mixing the potato chips you crushed, chopped parsley and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Step 3. Get a brush and start brusing both sides of your fillets with melted butter then coat the fillets with the potato chips mixture and place them on the baking sheet.
- Step 4. Now you are ready to start baking. Bake the fish for about 15 to 20 minutes. To make sure that the fish is done try poking the fish with a fork and once the flakes crumble easily with a fork, your fish and chips is ready to be served!
- Step 5. Add a healthy and nutty flavour to your fish and chips by drizzling the fillets with Moroccan Argan oil or serving the oil as a dip.
Satisfy your craving for fish and chips with this easy to do recipe!