Ever heard the line “the eyes are the windows to the soul”? This famous line written by William Shakespeare is very familiar to many of us. While the eyes may be the windows to the soul the eyes area is usually where the signs of skin aging sets in first. There are many factors that contribute to the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet in the eye area. Factors such as the environment, weather, diet and habits play major roles.
Learning More about the Eye-Area Skin
You probably have noticed that the skin in the eye area is different from the different areas of your skin such as the legs and hands. Although eye-area skin is in your face, it it also unique from the rest of your facial skin.
The eye-area skin is much thinner which is why it is only right that you be cautious on what creams, oils or lotion you apply in this particular spot. You should also know that this particular area of the facial skin absorbs at a faster rate about 40 times faster than any other skin area. Not all facial skin care product will do good for the eye-area skin. So take double or even triple caution when applying anything on this part of your skin.
Caring for the Eye-Area Skin
So how should you care for this sensitive spot on your face?
- Look into your cosmetics if you love wearing make up. Numerous cosmetic products contain chemicals that are harmful to our overall health. Before putting mascara or eye-make up or any cosmetic product on your skin be sure that they do not have ingredients that can potentially harm you. Numerous eye mascaras for example have mercury in them and mercury as we know have dangerous effects on our body. Be sure to check the ingredients of your eye make-up and other cosmetic products you are planning on buying before actually paying for them.
- Invest in a great eye skin care product. It is best to go for an all natural or organic skin care products. But do not be fooled with the loud labels of “100% Natural” or “Organic” plastered on skin care products. Some companies just place such labels on their products even when their products contain toxic ingredients. Your safest bet is to check on the ingredients yourself. If a skin care product does not have an ingredient label, simply move on to another product which lists its ingredients.
Ingredients That Love Your Skin
- Vitamin E – soothes and protects the skin. This is a potent antioxidant. Antioxidants protect cells from getting damaged by free radicals and environmental factors.
- Vitamin C – keeps the skin supple. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant.
- essential fatty acids – prevents premature aging and reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet.
100% Natural Caring from Moroccan Argan Oil
The Moroccan Argan oil contain many ingredients that give much love to your skin and none of those that can compromise your health. It contains Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and numerous antioxidants such as Ferulic acid and Polyphenols.