Everyone experiences nail lifting in their life. Although both male and female may experience nail lifting, it is more common in women. The degree of the nail lifting also varies and how one may want to deal with nail lifting may also vary.
What is nail lifting?
The splitting of the fingernails or Onychoschizia is a common problem that dermatologists see. When the nail lifts from the finger’s bedding, it may cause pain and irritation to an individual. Often seen in women and older people, nail lifting is often seen as splitting, frail, soft, thin, and nails with ridges.
What causes nail lifting?
There are a lot of risk factors for Onychoschizia. Some of the most common are:
What are the Symptoms of Onychoschizia?
- Vitamin insufficiency
- Internal disease
- Repetitive and long wetting and drying of the fingernails
- Frequent buffing of fingernails
- Skin diseases such as psoriasis and lichen planus
What can be done to help solve Onychoschizia problems?
- Nail splitting of either fingernails or toenails or both.
- Splitting may be a single or multiple horizontal split/s among the layers of the nail plate.
What can one do to help strengthen nails?
- One should avoid frequent and long wetting and drying of the nails.
- Keeping nails short will help to decrease nail splitting.
- Do not strip or scrape off nail polish.
- When doing household chores and handling strong substances (such as cleaning agents), use cotton lined rubber gloves for protection.
- Taking minerals and vitamins everyday will help strengthen nails.
- Use of nail strengtheners may be used vigilantly as these may cause brittleness.
What is argan oil?
- Using natural products such as argan oil to help strengthen nails is recommended.
- A little drop of argan oil in nails and nail beds will go a long way in naturally strengthening finger and toe nails.
Argan oil is extracted from the kernels of the argan tree. It is rich in vitamins E and F, fatty acids, and if used regularly will help nourish your nails back to health.
Taken from the seeds of the Argan tree that could only be found in the southwestern parts of Morocco, the argan oil is precious for its liquid gold like elements. Extremely high in value for its nutrients and positive effects on health, argan oil is making a name for itself.
With argan oil’s rich components, nail lifting will not be a problem anymore. Add a few drops of this magnificent oil to water and apply to nails daily for sure results.