Usually neglected especially by the male species, and mostly over pampered by the female species, the nails should get just the right amount of attention. As you would notice in nail spas and salons, clientele would be mostly females. Those who are regulars would have their nails cut and painted at least once a week. Changing color and even painting different designs onto their nails. Lately, beads and what have you are being pasted onto the nails as well… making nails more attractive or distractive whichever way you would like to look at it. And how about the men? Well, men cut their nails too, once every… you fill in the blank.
IMPORTANCE OF THE NAILS
Nails are made of keratin or a dead form of protein. The part which extends out of the finger tips are those parts you can cut off without feeling any pain. And aside from nails being a part of overall aesthetics and appearance, the nails hold other important roles in everyday life. Here’s to name a few:
- Nails protect the ends of the finger nails
- Nails help you scratch itchy parts
- Nails help you grasp things
- Nails help you open things
- Nails allow you to clean and reach difficult areas
CARING FOR THE NAILS
With all of the important roles that the nails play a big part in, caring for them is essential. Here are some nail dangers you might want to consider:
- When your nails are too long you risk the chances of them breaking easily. A snag somewhere may cause your long nails to tear and break.
- Nails that are dirty are risky in carrying dirt and diseases. Underneath the fingers, bacteria and fungi may thrive. When you touch your lips or an open wound, you risk infecting yourself.
- Nails that are often painted are often applied with nail polish removers. Both have chemicals and ingredients that are harmful to the nails. These may bring discoloration to your nails and worse, may cause your nails to weaken.
- Nails that are often submerged in water or any type of liquid also causes nails to weaken and even become distorted in shape and figure.
- Nails that are bitten may not grow correctly. In the same manner, the teeth will also be affected from nail biting.
Here are some ways for you to care for your nails correctly:
- Cut nails on a regular basis using a nail cutter.
- Always clean your nails to avoid dirt and bacteria. Use regular soap and water to do this.
- Avoid harsh chemicals and beauty products that may make your nails look beautiful but will actually bring harm to your nails.
- Wear protective gloves when doing house chores, the chemicals and long exposure to simple water may make your nails brittle.
- Moisturize your nails and nourish them as much as you can. This is the right kind of pampering. Pamper your nails with the right amount of vitamins and minerals. Use natural products like argan oil in nourishing your nails. Argan oil is best used daily. Directly massage onto your nails and hands and you are sure to get strong, sturdy, and beautiful nails.
The nails are an important part of our bodies. Care for them and love them and you will see how beautiful your nails can become.