If you are a mother with a toddler, digging in the sandbox with your child is probably a regulat thing you do. All that digging in the sandbox can be really bad for your nails. But with your child as your top priority you probably do not have the time to go to a nail salon to have your nails fixed and get a mani. But why bother to go to a nail salon and pay big bucks when you can actually do your mani while your toddler is asleep!
Here are easy steps for doing yur own mani.
- Trim Them! – Trimming your nails is the first step in giving yourself a mani. Clip your nails so they all have the same length.
- Soak Them! – Give yourself a couple of minutes to soak your nails. Soaking your nails for just a couple of minutes will clean your nails and make your cuticles softer.
- Groom Them! – After giving your nails a soaking for 2 minutes, make sure that you have a damp washcloth handy. You’ll need the damp washcloth to push your cuticles back. If there’s any extra skin hanging you should snip it off but don’t cut off your cuticles entirely as they serve as protection for your nails. If you keep on cutting them, they’d only grow back thicker.
- File Them! – It’s time to file your nails! Do it quickly but don’t treat your nails like a wood that you’ll saw back and forth. You should just file from corner to tip and then corner to tip.
- Moroccan Argan Oil Loving – Before you coat your nails with nail polish, coat them first with Moroccan Argan oil. The oil is loaded with Vitamin E and essential fatty acids which are nutrients that promote stronger and healthier nails! The oil can also help make your nail polis stay on your nails for a longer time.
- Polish Them! – Before you apply any nail polish on your nails, it is best that you make sure the polish you would be using does not contain what they call as the toxic trio. Check out the ingredients of your nail polish. If it contains DBP or Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene and Formaldehyde, skip on polishing your nails. The next time you shop for your nail polishes, check out the ingredients first and watch out for the toxic trio!
Definitely, this DIY mani is very easy to do. You would be finished before your toddler wakes up! Best of all, you have saved yourself money.