Want to save some money in your pockets? Why not do your nails at home? You may think this is an odd answer but your nail salon expenses can add up to a considerable amount.
How often do you have your nails done? Once a week? Twice a month or more? How much does your favorite nails salon charge you for their services? How much amount of tip do you give to your nail technician? How much do you spend on fare or gas when going to the salon? By now you probably are running numbers in your mind and most probably you wished you spent a lot less on your nails.
You can spend a lot less on your nails when you do your nail maintenance at home. This task is pretty simple. Here’s a step by step guide!
At-Home Nail Maintenance
First ready your nail tools. You would need a pair of sharp nail clippers, a nail file and a buffer. Let’s get on with this easy nail maintenance task.
- Step Number 1. Give your nails a straight trim across using your pair of clippers if they are already too long. Long nails are more prone to breakage and chipping. Wearing long nails can also be quite uncomfortable as they can snag into fabrics.
Step Number 2. The next step is to give your nails a shape. Using your nail file, start filing until you give your nails a box shape with its edges rounded. If you’re used to having your nails in an oval shape, you should change this. The best shape to have them in is square-shaped with the edges rounded. This classic nail shape don’t easily tear and don’t easily snag on fabrics.
A Filing Tip to Keep in Mind
When filing your nails always file only in one direction. Don’t file like you’re using a saw as this can cause nail splits and certainly we want to avoid getting splits or cracks in the nails as they can serve as a doorway for infectious organisms.
- A Filing Tip to Keep in Mind
- Step Number 3. Lastly give your nails a gentle buffing to give your nails a little shiny sheen. Gently buffing your nails also promotes good circulation underneath the nails which would help in healthy nail growth.
Your cuticles deserve some good TLC too! The cuticles serve as a barrier that prevents bacteria and other infectious organisms from entering the nail bed and causing infection. Here’s a step by step guide to keep your cuticles healthy.
Keeping the Cuticles Healthy
- Using a ball of cotton and a polish remover, get rid of your old nail polish. It’s best to use a remover without acetone as this can dry and damage the nails.
- Coat your nails with Argan oil and gently massage into your cuticles to moisturize them too.
- Give your nails a good soak in lukewarm water. You may also add a few drops of the oil in the water.
- Dry your hands and with a soft cloth give your cuticles a gentle push back.
Loving these nail tips? Share them to your loved ones by clicking Like and Share!