It is quite concerning that many cosmetic products sold in the market actually contains harmful and toxic ingredients. Make-up, skin, hair and even nail care products have ingredients that can harm the health and even cause different types of cancer.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to take care of your body, groom and look good. But we should make sure that in the process of achieving these things, we do not compromise our health. The best solution is to make your own beauty products.
There are tons of beauty products that you can actually whip up in your kitchen. And the best part about it is that they are very easy to make! Ever tried making your own lip scrub or lip stain? Those of you who love that “just-bitten” look of lips, here’s the recipe for homemade berry lip stain that would do exactly just that!
DIY Berry Lip Stain
Are you ready to make your own lip stain? First, you’ll need to gather the ingredients. Ingredients You will need the following:
- Blackberries – You’ll need blackberries as they possess this bright berry color. You would just need 3 pieces.
- Raspberry – Raspberries have this lovely pink color. You will need just a piece.
- Pomegranate Seeds – The pomegranate seeds will give your lip stain that super vibrant red color! You would need just 3 seeds.
- Argan Oil – Argan oil comes with antioxidants and strong moisturizing properties keeping your lips soft, moisturized and protected from damage. Remember your lips are made of skin too. They need protection as well. You just need half a teaspoon of the Argan oil. If you don’t have Argan oil (you should get one), you can also use extra virgin olive oil.
These are all the ingredients you need. Once you have them, grab a small bowl or if you have your mortar and pestle, you can also use that for making the berry lip stain concoction. You also need a fork or a sifter to drain and of course you’ll need a jar or a pot, big enough to contain 5 grams content for storage. Make sure that the storage container you use comes with a tight lid. Directions Here’s how you whip up your own “very berry” lip stain.
- Step One – Start mashing the blackberries and raspberry in your bowl using the back of a spoon. Or for those with the mortar and pestle, mash the berries in there.
- Step Two – Squeeze the juice out of the pomegranate seeds into the bowl. Remember to squeeze one seed at a time using your thumb and index finger.
- Step Three – Add in the oil and stir the mixture using your spoon.
- Step Four – Drain the liquid from the mixture into your storage container. This is the last step!
You can use your fingers, a lip brush or a Q-tip in applying this “very berry” lip stain. This beauty product is only good for a few days but keep your very berry lip stain refrigerated to make it last longer.
Keep asking your friends to like our Facebook page and we’ll keep posting more health and beauty tips!