The springtime makes the world more colourful. This is when beautiful blooms blossom and blanket our surroundings. This is also the season when hair starts to become frizzy not to mention “flyaway” hair.
Although the spring brings life and beauty to the world it can have some annoying effects to the hair, enough to drive a woman to go berserk. The good news is there are some steps you can do to keep your hair luscious and beautiful just like the springtime.
Springtime Caring for the Hair
- Protect the hair from the humid weather! You should get a hair product that is humidity resistant to protect the hair from the humidity. Because springtime brings in days of humid weather the hair tends to always fall flat no matter how hard you try to style it. The springtime calls for sticking with your natural hair and not trying to style it otherwise. So be proud to go all natural in the springtime.
- Shield the hair from the wind! Shakespeare once said “rough winds do shake the darling buds of May” and indeed they do. Not only do the winds shake the buds of May but also the hair. This is why during springtime many women suffer from flyaway hair. The wind is the culprit. To avoid flyaway hair use hair accessories such as headbands and clips. If your hair is long, sport a ponytail and use some clips or a headband.
- Don’t be fooled by the temperate weather condition! By this we mean that you should still protect your hair from the sun. During the springtime you may be always outdoors and under the sun but because of the mild weather condition you don’t feel like there’s any harm basking under the sun even if it’s the middle of the day. This is actually a mistake and it’s not just your hair that’s getting a beating. Your skin too!
- If you would be outdoors remember to apply a hair sunscreen. You could also use a floppy hat. Don’t forget to also apply sunscreen lotion to your skin. However it is best that you stay indoors when the clock hits 10 am. Even if the weather is temperate, the sun’s harmful UV rays are still strong.
- Protect the hair from getting frizzy! If there’s anything constant about the moisture levels in the air during spring that is they vary. This results to frizzy hair. During spring using a blow dry to dry your hair may not be a good idea. It would be better to blot dry your hair with a towel. Remember to not rub your hair dry as this would create friction and result to hair breakage as well as frizz.
- Apply Argan oil to your hair! Argan oil is actually food for the hair. It is packed with antioxidants that are responsible for repairing damaged cell membranes of hair thus strengthening it. It is as well loaded with Vitamin E which repairs and renews hair that has been damaged by the elements. This oil is also rich in Omega 3 and Omega 9 fatty acids which are nutrients for the roots of the hair and its pores. These fatty acids make the hair stronger and heal split ends of the hair.
Caring for your hair during spring time is very important and the good news is it can be easily done!