When the summer season says hello almost everyone is out enjoying the sun. Most people would head to the beach, plat outdoor sports or even tend their gardens and front yard. This is also the time when hair and skin receive a great deal of battering.
No one can deny that the sun is essential to life. In fact we would not be roaming the planet without the sun. We also get Vitamin D from sunlight. With all the benefits that we get from the sun we also can get some bad things.
Prolonged exposure to the sun causes harsh damages to both the skin and the hair. Wrinkles and fine lines start to show on the skin and the hair becomes dry and brittle. We can also get skin cancer if exposed unprotected from the ultra violet or UV rays from the sun.
Another element that the summer season brings is dry winds. With many people out on the beach the wind can dry both the skin and hair. Chlorine and salt will also have harsh effects on the hair and skin. This is why it is important that you protect your skin and hair from the damaging effects of the summer elements.
Summer Caring for the Skin and Hair
- Remember to protect your skin everyday especially when going outdoors. Use a sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 15 or higher daily or every time you are headed outside. Apply the sunscreen lotion at least 15 minutes before opening your door and stepping outside.
- Protect the hair from the sun with a leave on moisturiser with sunscreen. Every time you would be under the sun don’t forget to apply your leave on hair conditioner or moisturiser with sunscreen. By doing this you are minimising the harsh effects of the sun’s UV rays on your crowning glory. Also wear your summer hat when you are headed to the beach. This will protect your hair from the drying effects of the wind and sun.
- Moisturise your skin and hair daily. It is best to use the Moroccan Argan oil as your skin and hair moisturiser. Moroccan Argan oil has moisturising benefits for both the skin and the hair. It also has components that fight skin aging such as Vitamin E Ferulic acid, Carotenoids and Polyphenols. Vitamin E is also responsible for restoring the hair back to health as it repairs and renews damaged hair. The antioxidants found in the oil also help in keeping the hair beautiful as they repair the cellular membranes of the hair that has been damaged.
- Remember to wash off sea salts and chlorine from your hair and skin with tap water. You probably would be swimming in chlorinated pools and the sea in the summer time. It is best that after your swim you immediately wash your hair and skin with tap water to remove chlorine and sea salts that would rob both the hair and skin of its essential oils.
- Stay indoors when the sun is already too high. It is best that you stay indoors especially at the hours when the sun is high up in the sky.
This summer don’t let your skin and hair lose its health and beauty!