Nails are a wonder to look at. If taken good care of, nails are definitely an asset. There are people who spend weekly just to make their nails look presentable and eye catching. That is the misconception. Not because a person has beautifully styled nails or lavishly colored nails mean that they have healthy and truly beautiful nails. Nails are beautiful because of their actual appearance – without the polish and accessories. Are your nails beautiful? Are they healthy? Are you spending on the right things to care for your nails?
Before putting on those accessories and polish, make sure your nails are healthy inside and out! Here are some tips on how you can easily and correctly care for your nails:
- What you eat is what you sow – yes it’s true. What you eat will reflect your health and how healthy your nails are. If you eat junk food all the time, then don’t expect your nails to be strong and healthy.
- Wear protection – it’s not what you think. Rubber gloves are essential when doing house chores or when handling various solutions and chemicals. Simple, easy to buy, and cheap rubber gloves are enough to protect your nails from being in contact with harmful substances and even with plain water. So wear protection as much as you can.
- Extra care when gardening – learn why. Gardening together with other hobbies you may have like carpentry or when doing do it yourself projects need attention. When doing these projects your nails are exposed to possible reasons for them to break. Wear simple gardening gloves to help protect your nails and hands. At the end of the day, you’ll have less chances of getting scratches and scrapes and you won’t have broken nails.
- Moisturize – this is very important. Moisturizing your hands, nails, and cuticles will help you to strengthen and nourish them. Use natural moisturizers like argan oil will help give your nails vitamins and essential fatty acids that they need to grow correctly. As argan oil is an all natural product, using it is safe. Not only this, argan oil is known to be great with the skin and hair as well.
- Your Nails Should Be Properly Pampered– less chances of breaking. Yup! That is right, trip your nails short and ensure less breakage. Especially if you already have brittle nails, trimming your nails short will help your nails to grow better. The shorter your nails are, the less chance for them to snag and tear. Always have emery boards in your purse or bag.
Caring for your nails properly will help you get the nails you have always wanted – beautiful with or without the polish and accessories! Put these simple tips in mind and follow them to heart and ensure great nails all year round!