There is no denying that the bird (turkey) is the star of Thanksgiving dinners. But definitely you would not serve just the bird on this occasion. You will need to have side dishes too! Have you thought about what you can serve for your side dishes? How about mashed potatoes? Definitely a classic mainstay of Thanksgiving dinners. But this recipe made your mashed potatoes even tastier and creamier!
This side dish will eat less than an hour of your time. So you will definitely have enough time to attend to other dishes you need for Thanksgiving. We know the bird needs a lot of attention so it would be smart to prepare side dishes that are quite easy to whip up!
Here’s the recipe for a creamier garlic mashed potatoes!
This recipe yields about 10 – 12 servings, so if you’re expecting more people, or your guests are big eaters, just do the necessary adjustments. Let’s get on with the ingredients you will need.
- Russet Potatoes – You’ll need about 3 1/2 pounds
- Kosher Salt – 2 tablespoonfuls is enough.
- Garlic – You will need about 6 cloves. Crush them all.
- Parmesan Cheese – About 6 ounces of grated parmesan would be enough.
- Half and Half Fluid – 16 ounces or 2 cups.
So that settles all the ingredients you would need for this side dish. Now it’s time to learn how to go about whipping up this creamy garlic mashed potatoes.
Preparing this side dish is as easy as one, two and three! Let’s get started!
- Step 1. The first step will be peeling and dicing the potatoes. It’s good to make sure that your potatoes have almost the same size so they get cooked at the same time. Once done with peeling and dicing the potatoes, place them in your saucepan, put in salt and then add water. Make sure that all the potatoes are covered in water. Start boiling the potatoes using just medium-high heat. Once the water starts boiling, bring down the heat to a degree enough to continue the boiling. To check if the potatoes are good to go, poke with a fork and if it crumbles or fall apart, you’re done boiling the potatoes.
- Step 2. Now start heating the half-and-half fluid as well as the garlic in a saucepan. Use medium high heat as well and let it simmer. Once it simmers, you now have your garlic cream mixture. Take the pan off the heat and set it aside first.
- Step 3. Get back on your potatoes and drain the water out. Start mashing the potatoes and once done pour in the garlic cream you have set aside. Put in the grated Parmesan and keep stirring so that you mix them well. Leave it alone for a few minutes. This will allow thickening. Now you’re ready to serve this creamy and tasty side dish!
Now this is one easy side dish to prepare!
Hope we helped you come up with a great Thanksgiving dinner menu! If you want to help others out, just click “Like” and “Share”! Happy Thanksgiving!