No matter how healthy your skin is, there are some factors that can make your skin dry and prone to bacteria and infection. Riding the airplane is one of them. There is something about compressed air in an airplane’s cabin that dries out skin. Long hauled flights that take 12, 15, 18 hours and maybe even longer take more toll on your skin than shorter trips. But the rules stay the same. In order for you to maintain your skin’s health and beauty, you need to abide by simple skin-plane rules that will help keep skin perfect while on the plane.
Before you ever leave the ground, there are a few tips you need to follow
- Having healthy skin before you even fly will help. So before your planned vacation or business trip, make sure to keep your skin healthy and glowing by washing, exfoliating, and moisturizing.
- Stress affects the skin. If you’re not a very good flyer, the stress you feel before a scheduled flight may affect your skin. Make sure to do breathing exercises and to practice relaxation techniques to calm yourself down. This will help keep your skin’s integrity while on the ground and air.
- Drink lots of water. Keep your skin hydrated even before a flight. Drink enough water daily.
Now you are ready for that airplane ride! Keep these tips in mind
- It is always a good idea to wash your face before you go to the airport. Let your skin be cleansed now as you may not have the time to clean it as well as you do at home.
- Cabin pressure and the humidity in the plane make the skin dryer than usual. Make sure to moisturize even on the plane. Take travel pack moisturizers as these are usually TSA approved.
- The less make up you have on, the better. Because you’ll be on a plane for long hours, you won’t be able to remove your make-up and it will stay on your face longer. You wouldn’t want to have make-up clogged pores so avoid wearing make-up.
- Bring a small amount of argan oil. Transferring a small amount of argan oil to small bottles will allow you to continue your healthy moisturizing habit. A few drops massaged to your skin will not only moisturize but it will also allow blood to flow better through your veins which is in return good for your skin too.
- Bring a lip balm. The lips are very much prone to dryness in the air as well. Make sure you have a good lip balm with you. Apply a generous amount before you even take off and retouch after every meal.
- Drink your water. Water will keep your whole body hydrated when flying. So drink water instead of coffee or alcohol.
Yes, keeping your skin perfect while riding an airplane is simple if you follow these easy tips. You don’t have to worry about ruining your skin, dryness, of chapped lips on a scheduled flight. Keep these tips in mind and enjoy your flight!