When you start sporting a head full of dry and damaged hair, it may be ideal to take a look back at your hair care and styling routine.
You may be just like many women who love using strong shampoos on their hair and dry the hair using a blow dryer. All that heat, pulling, twisting and teasing may just be the culprit behind your dry and damaged your locks. Wondering why? The answer lies in the fact that these things actually rob your hair of its natural oils.
To bring back your locks to its former glory, you’ll need the help of essential oils. Start including them in your hair care routine and you’ll start seeing a stark difference. Your hair will soon have its lustre and life back!
If we look back in time, we would see that essential oils have been used by our ancestors in their medicine and cosmetics. The modern world has finally discovered this long-kept beauty secret of our ancestors and now the beauty industry has recognized the prowess of essential oils. You most probably have seen hair products such as shampoos and serums infused with essential oils.
Most hair care products with essential oils are quite on the pricey side. So why not just get your very own bottle of essential oil? You get to enjoy the full beauty benefits of the oil and you won’t have to worry about exposing yourself to tons of harmful chemicals that are usually present in many commercial shampoos.
So which essential oils are a great but for your hair? Here are some recommendations from top hair experts!
Essential Oils for Your Hair
- Moroccan Argan Oil – This oil is loaded with antioxidants, essential fatty acids and Sterols. Antioxidants protect the hair from free-radical damage and they also repair damage. Both essential fatty acids and Sterols in the oil have potent moisturizing properties therefore keeping the hair silky smooth. Argan oil is also loaded with Vitamin E which helps promote healthy hair growth.
- Almond Oil – This is great for soothing the scalp and keeping it moisturized.
- Cedarwood Oil – If you are suffering from poor hair growth, use cedarwood oil to stimulate proper circulation in the scalp which would promote hair growth.
- Chamomile Oil – To bring back shine to your locks, the chamomile oil will do the job. The oil will also give you a soft and silky hair. Another great benefit of this oil is that it is soothing to the scalp.
- Sage Oil – Sage oil is another promoter of healthy hair growth because of its nutrients having the ability to stimulate good circulation in the scalp. When nutrients are well distributed in your scalp, this results to healthy hair growth.
- Coconut Oil – Often wondered why most Asians have lovely long, shiny and soft locks? Want to know their secret? It’s coconut oil! Coconut oil contains nutrients that makes the hair soft and shiny!
Give these essential oils a try and you’ll soon be wearing beautiful and healthy hair! Share this post to everyone you know!