Are you having problems about the appearance and texture of your skin? This is one of the most common problems of women who are already starting to age.
All of us will inevitably grow older and the truth is our body’s collagen and elastin production start dwindling once we do get older. This is why you would mostly see wrinkles in elderly people.
However skin aging can happen rapidly if the skin is continuously exposed to elements that have damaging effects to it. You may have heard someone saying that someone looks older than her age or whisper the line to your ear “I thought she was already 40” when in fact the person was only almost 30. No one wants to look older when they are already old. The only time most of us wanted to look older was when we were minors and trying to get in a bar (Not that I did this… often).
If you don’t want to look older than your age then you should avoid the things that can speed up skin aging.
Factors that Speed up Skin Aging
- The Sun – Unprotected exposure and most especially prolonged exposure to the sun can speed up aging. This is because the UV rays from the sun destroy collagen. We all know that collagen gives the skin’s elasticity and smooth texture. With less collagen wrinkles and fine lines will start developing. Nutrients like Vitamin E are also taken away by the sun’s UV rays.
- Smoking – When you smoke your blood vessels are constricted thus blocking oxygen flow. Smoking also reduces your body’s collagen level. If levels of collagen and oxygen in the body are low wrinkles would start to show.
- Wind and Cold Temperature – Have you ever been out on a windy day? Did you ever notice how your skin dries up during the colder months? Both wind and cold temperature robs the skin of its essential oils and moisture. It is best to use Argan oil to moisturise the skin.If you want smooth and soft skin you should see to it that you moisturise your skin daily with Argan oil. This oil has many components that moisturize, fight skin aging and prevent premature skin aging. It contains essential unsaturated fatty acids, Vitamin E, Polyphenols, Ferulic acid, Carotenoids and Sterols that help maintain the health and smoothness of the skin.
- Lack of Sleep – You should sleep for at least 8 hours a night. If you don’t then your skin cells will not be able to regenerate. Cell regeneration happens when you sleep. Put out the night light and get under the covers for a good night’s rest if you want to wake up with replenished skin.
- Stress – If you are stressed out your skin will show it. Stress actually destroys your skin’s ability to regenerate.
- Crash Dieting – Starving your body from essential nutrients will actually make your skin look older. If you plan to lose weight do not do crash dieting. Not only is this unhealthy, you will also end up with sagging skin making you look older.
If you don’t want to look 10 years older than your actual age, be smart to avoid the things listed above.