If there would be two things that most women don’t want in their skin, those would be acne and acne scars. The exact cause of acne is still unknown but there are different factors that contribute and worsen acne. The main culprit is over production of sebum which is commonly the result of hormonal changes.
Most teens both girls and boys usually experience acne problems because of the hormonal changes their bodies go through once puberty hits. However other factors that cause acne are stress, clogged pores, cosmetics, both starting the use and stopping birth control pills, weight gain and genes.
Acne scars are the constant reminders that you once had acne. There are actually two types of them. These are the pitted and pigmented scars. Pitted scars mean that there is damage in the skin tissue underneath while pigmented scars are the reddish or brownish marks left on the skin after the acne has cleared.
It is best that you have a product for treating acne scars handy when your skin starts having acne breakouts. As soon as the scars appear use the acne scar treatment product to get rid of the unattractive marks left behind.
When it comes to acne scars most are due to picking, squeezing and pricking of the acne. Many can’t seem to take a hold of their urges and stop their hands from pricking, squeezing and picking on their zits which worsen the acne and results to deep scarring. It is best that you do not touch, put pressure on or pick your acne as this would damage your skin tissues resulting to bruising and scarring.
Once you have acne scars don’t cover your scars under thick cosmetics as this could only restart another breakout. What’s the best way to treat acne scars? Here are some helpful tips.
6 Steps to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- Apply Argan oil on your skin. Argan oil is packed with Vitamin E which is effective in removing scars. The oil is also loaded with essential unsaturated fatty acids keeping the skin healthy and preventing premature aging. Its Sterols also keep your skin’s cell membranes and decrease inflammation and improve the skin’s metabolic processes. Its Polyphenols cleanse the skin and also prevent skin aging. Other components of this oil such as Ferulic acid and Carotenoids are effective in preventing skin aging and protect the skin from damaging effects of UV rays and free radicals.
- Ice cubes actually can help get rid of acne scars. Just rub ice on your skin so that your pores become tight.
- If you love eating tomatoes then you surely have a lot of them in your fridge. Get a tomato and slice it in half and start rubbing the tomato on your skin
- Cucumber juice can serve as your toner.
- Garlic is not just so the vampires don’t come near you. It actually is effective in treating acne blemishes. Don’t cook the garlic, rub it on your acne scars raw.
- Sage and Aloe Vera are very effective when it comes to treating acne scars. These two plants are known for their healing properties. You can apply the Aloe Vera directly on the acne scars but with the sage let it soak in hot water, let it cool and then apply on the scars.
Your scars will start disappearing in no time.